You can always ask wisdom from our God!
JESUS GIVES WISDOM
- Psalm 34:3 – Oh, magnify the Lord with me, And let us exalt His name together!
- Psalm 69:30 – I will praise the name of God… and will magnify Him with thanksgiving.
JESUS – OUR SOURCE OF WISDOM
- I Corinthians 1:24,30 – … Christ the power of God and the WISDOM of God… But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us WISDOM from God—and righteousness and sanctification and redemption—
- Colossians 2:3 – …in whom (JESUS) are hidden all the treasures of WISDOM and knowledge.
- Proverbs 2:1-7 – 1 My son, if you receive my words, And treasure my commands within you, 2 so that you incline your ear to WISDOM, And apply your heart to understanding;… 4 If you seek her as silver, and search for her as for hidden treasures;
- Proverbs 2:5-7 (Cont.) – 5 Then you will understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God. 6 For the Lord gives WISDOM; From His mouth come knowledge and understanding; 7 He stores up SOUND WISDOM for the upright; He is a shield to those who walk uprightly…
BUILD ON THE ROCK
- Matthew 7:24 – “Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to A WISE MAN who built his house on the rock:
- Matthew 7:25 – and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the ROCK.
JESUS IS OUR ROCK
- I Samuel 2:2 – “No one is holy like the Lord, For there is none besides You, nor is there any ROCK like our God.
- Psalm 62:7 – In God is my salvation and my glory; The ROCK of my strength, And my refuge, is in God.
- Psalm 92:15 – the Lord is upright; He is my ROCK…
- I Corinthians 10:4 – they drank of that spiritual ROCK that followed them, and that ROCK was Christ.
CHURCH ON THE ROCK
- Matthew 16:18 – …on this ROCK I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.
FAITHFUL & WISE SERVANT
- Matthew 24:45-46 – “Who then is a faithful and WISE servant…46 Blessed is that servant whom his master, when he comes, will find so doing…
THE WISE / FOOLISH VIRGINS
- Matthew 25:1-13 – 1 “Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2 Now five of them were WISE, and five were FOOLISH. 3 Those who were FOOLISH took their lamps and took no oil with them, 4 but the WISE took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
OIL IN OUR VESSELS
- Psalm 23: 5 – He anoints my head with OIL, my cup runs over…
- Isaiah 61:3 – …OIL of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness.
- Eccl. 9:8 – Let your garments always be white, and your head lack NO OIL.
- Matthew 26:6-13 – (Woman with the alabaster box of PRECIOUS OIL)
- James 5:14 – …let them pray over him, anointing him with OIL in the name of the Lord.
- Hebrew 1:9 – … (Jesus) Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You with the OIL OF GLADNESS more than Your companions.”
- Deuteronomy 34:9 – Now Joshua the son of Nun was full of the SPIRIT OF WISDOM, for Moses had laid his hands on him; so the children of Israel heeded him, and did as the Lord had commanded Moses.
- Joshua 24:15 – “…choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve… as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”
- I Kings 3; 2 Chron 1
- 3:5 – the Lord appeared to Solomon in a dream… and God said, “Ask what I shall give you”.
- 3:9 – Solomon asked – “Give your servant an understanding heart… Give me WISDOM and knowledge…”
- I Kings 3:12; 2 Chron 1:12 (Cont.)
- 12 God said, “Behold, I have done according to your words; I have given you a WISE and understanding heart… 12 WISDOM AND knowledge is granted unto you, and I will give you riches, and wealth and honor…
WISDOM AND DISCERNMENT
- I Kings 3:16-28 (Story of 2 mothers & babies)
- 1 baby died (suffocated)
- The live baby was stolen while mother slept
- When she woke up to nurse her baby, it was the other woman
- They both claimed the living child as their son
- Solomon solved the mystery – discerned the truth
- 1 Kings 4:29,30 – And God gave Solomon WISDOM and exceedingly great understanding…Thus Solomon’s WISDOM excelled the WISDOM of all the men of the East and all the WISDOM of Egypt.
- 1 Kings 4:34 – And men of all nations, from all the kings of the earth who had heard of his WISDOM, came to hear the WISDOM of Solomon.
QUEEN OF SHEBA
- 1 Kings 10:4-6 – And when the queen of Sheba had seen all the WISDOM of Solomon, the house that he had built, …Then she said to the king: “It was a true report which I heard in my own land about your words and your WISDOM.
- 1 Kings 10:7 – However I did not believe the words until I came and saw with my own eyes; and indeed the half was not told me. Your WISDOM and prosperity exceed the fame of which I heard.
- I Kings 10:8 – Happy are your men and happy are these your servants, who stand continually before you and hear your wisdom!
- I Kings 10:23,24 – …So King Solomon surpassed all the kings of the earth in riches and WISDOM. Now all the earth sought the presence of Solomon to hear his WISDOM, which God had put in his heart.
- Matthew 12:42 – The queen of the South will rise up in the judgment with this generation and condemn it, for she came from the ends of the earth to hear the WISDOM of Solomon; and indeed a GREATER THAN SOLOMON is here.
- Matthew 13:54 – …they were astonished and said, “Where did this Man (Jesus) get this WISDOM and these mighty works?
- Luke 2:40,52 – And the Child grew and became strong in spirit, filled with WISDOM; and the grace of God was upon Him… And Jesus increased in WISDOM and stature, and in favor with God and men.
- Isaiah 11:2 – The Spirit of the Lord shall rest upon Him, The Spirit of WISDOM and understanding, The Spirit of counsel and might, The Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord.
- Romans 11:33 – Oh, the depth of the riches both of the WISDOM and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!
NOT WORLDLY WISDOM
- 1 Corinthians 3:19,20 – For the WISDOM of this world is foolishness with God. Has not God made foolish the WISDOM of this world?
- 1 Corinthians 2:5 – that your faith should not be in the WISDOM of men but in the power of God.
- James 3:15,17-18 – This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic….
- James 3:15,17-18 (Cont.) – But the WISDOM that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.
A LIFESTYLE OF WISDOM
- Ecclesiastes 2:13 – Then I saw that WISDOM excels folly as light excels darkness.
- Colossians 1:9 – reservoirs of every kind of WISDOM…
- Col. 2:3 – like hidden treasure waiting to be discovered – heaven’s WISDOM and endless riches of revelation knowledge
- Colossians 3:16 – Let the Word of Christ live (dwell) in you in all WISDOM..
- Colossians 4:5 – Walk in the WISDOM of God as you live before unbelievers, and make it your duty to make Him known…
WORD OF WISDOM
- 1 Corinthians 12:8 – …for to one is given the word of WISDOM through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit…
SPIRIT OF WISDOM
- Ephesians 1:15,17 – …that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the SPIRIT OF WISDOM and revelation in the knowledge of Him…
- Colossians 1:28 – …Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.
- Proverbs 22:17 -[ Sayings of the Wise ] Incline your ear and hear the words of the WISE, And apply your heart to my knowledge;
- EVALUATION QUESTION Are you listening to the words of the wise, and putting them to practice in your life?
- Proverbs 3:35 – The WISE shall inherit glory, But shame shall be the legacy of fools.
- EVALUATION QUESTION What will be your inheritance? What kind of a legacy will you leave?
- Proverbs 6:6 – Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and BE WISE!
- EVALUATION QUESTION Would you consider yourself a diligent, hard-working person – or a lazy one, and just doing the littlest work possible?
- Proverbs 8:33 – Hear instruction and BE WISE, And do not disdain it.
- EVALUATION QUESTION Do you listen carefully and try to follow instructions, or resent anybody telling you what to do?
- Proverbs 9:8; 15:12 – …Rebuke a WISE man, and he will love you…A scoffer does not love one who corrects him, Nor will he go to the wise.
- EVALUATION QUESTION Do you love and appreciate those who love you enough to bring helpful correction to your life, or get angry with them?
- Proverbs 9:9 – Give instruction to a WISE man, and he will be still wiser;…
- EVALUATION QUESTION Are you growing in wisdom, and do you appreciate and value instruction?
- Proverbs 9:12 – If you are wise, you are wise for yourself, And if you scoff, you will bear it alone.”
- EVALUATION QUESTION Are you helping yourself, or hurting yourself by the decisions you are making?
- Proverbs 10:1 -The proverbs of Solomon: A WISE son makes a glad father, But a FOOLISH son is the grief of his mother.
- EVALUATION QUESTION Do you bring joy or grief to your parents & others, and to the Lord with the decisions you are making in life?
- Proverbs 10:8 – The WISE in heart will receive commands, but a prating fool will fall.
- EVALUATION QUESTION Are you WISE in heart, or an arrogant and proud fool?
- Proverbs 11:30 – The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, And he who wins souls is WISE.
- EVALUATION QUESTION Are you a bold witness for Jesus, and letting your light shine? Are you winning souls to the Lord?
- Proverbs 13:14 – The law of the WISE is a fountain of life, to turn one away from the snares of death.
- EVALUATION QUESTION Are you a person of integrity, who is committed to live by the principles of God’s Word, and avoid destructive sinful habits?
- Proverbs 12:15 – The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but he who heeds counsel is WISE.
- EVALUATION QUESTION Are you self-righteous & wise in your own eyes – thinking you are always right and everybody else is stupid? Do you see the value and safety of godly counsel, and take heed to it?
- Proverbs 12:18 -There is one who speaks like the piercings of a sword, But the tongue of the WISE promotes health.
- Proverbs 13:1 – A WISE son heeds his father’s instruction, But a scoffer does not listen to rebuke.
- Proverbs 13:20 – He who walks with wise men will be WISE, But the companion of fools will be destroyed.
- Proverbs 14:1 – The WISE woman builds her house, But the foolish pulls it down with her hands.
- Proverbs 14:3 – In the mouth of a FOOL is a rod of pride, But the lips of the WISE will preserve them.
- Proverbs 14:16 – A WISE man fears (the Lord) and departs from evil, But a FOOL rages and is self-confident.
- Proverbs 20:1 – Wine is a mocker, Strong drink is a brawler, And whoever is led astray by it is NOT WISE.
- Proverbs 24:5 – A WISE man is strong, Yes, a man of knowledge increases strength…
- Proverbs 19:20 – Listen to counsel and receive instruction, That you may be WISE in your latter days.
- Proverbs 18:1 – Through desire a man having separated himself, seeks and intermeddles with ALL WISDOM.
WHAT IS WISDOM?
WISDOM IS NOT ONLY KNOWING, BUT DOING! (applying; practicing what we know)!
WISDOM IS MOST IMPORTANT
- Proverbs 8:11 – For WISDOM is better than rubies, And all the things one may desire cannot be compared with her.
- Proverbs 4:5,7 – Get WISDOM! Get understanding! Do not forget, nor turn away from the words of my mouth.
- Proverbs 4:7 – WISDOM is the principal thing; Therefore get WISDOM. And in all your getting, get understanding.
JAMES 1:5 – If any of you lacks WISDOM, let him ASK of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.
This is a paragraph block inside a tab. Change this and/or add new blocks inside this tab!
This is a paragraph block inside a tab. Change this and/or add new blocks inside this tab!