This question needs to be asked very frequently in every age, & at every age…
FRUITS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS
- The fruits of righteousness; what faithfulness looks like; what it looks like to be on Jesus side or on the devil’s side)…
- MATTHEW 12:33 Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or else make the tree bad and its fruit bad; for A TREE IS KNOWN BY ITS FRUIT.
- LUKE 11:23 HE WHO IS NOT WITH ME IS AGAINST ME, and he who does not gather with Me scatters.
- MATTHEW 6:24 Jesus said, “No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon [money, possessions, fame, status, or whatever is valued more than the Lord]. (AMP)
- REVELATION 17:14 These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, for He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those who are with Him are called, chosen, and FAITHFUL.”
- The Lord has expectations of those on the Lord’s side – FAITHFULNESS!
- 2 Thessalonians 1:8 (Soon Jesus will be revealed) — “in flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ”
- Picture of Jesus sitting at a table… looking through a card index file for people’s names… He was very serious, as He flipped through these, studying them – and heard Him say, “WHO IS ON THE LORD’S SIDE?”
- Who of these people are ON THE LORD’S SIDE? It was a little sad, because it seemed as if He was having a hard time finding very many who were on His side.
- Being on the Lord’s side, & Him being on our side is A BIG DEAL!
JOSHUA 24:14-22 “Now therefore, fear the Lord, SERVE HIM IN SINCERITY AND IN TRUTH, and put away the gods which your fathers served… SERVE THE LORD! 15 And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, CHOOSE for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served… But as for me and my house, WE WILL SERVE THE LORD.”…
THE LORD IS AWESOME
- God is to be feared!
- He is awesome!
- Acknowledge His Lordship & Supremacy!
WE ARE AT WAR
- We are in a spiritual battle!
- Being on the Lord’s side, & Him being on our side IS A BIG DEAL!
- Be OVERCOMERS!
- Submit to God… RESIST THE DEVIL – stand against the devil! ( James 4:7; I Peter 5:9)
THE LORD IS A WARRIOR!
- HE IS THE LORD OF ANGEL ARMIES – THE LORD OF HOSTS!
- HE IS A GREAT ‘DREAD CHAMPION’!
- JOSHUA – MET THE CAPTAIN OF THE LORD OF HOSTS (captain of the Lord’s army Joshua 5:14)
- PS 27 – THE ENEMY FALLS
- PS 124 – IF THE LORD ISN’T ON OUR SIDE – WE ARE DONE! (Sunk, destroyed…)
- NOTHING CAN STAND AGAINST US (Romans 8:31,32).
- WE ARE MORE THAN CONQUERORS (Romans 8:37).
MOSES & THE GOLDEN CALF
- The people were backslidden
- Worshiping false gods
- It was shameful
- They had a decision to make
- “Whoever is on the Lord’s side – come to me!” (Moses)
- Some chose the Lord – some didn’t – consequences…
ELIJAH & THE PROPHETS OF BAAL – I Kings 18
- Elijah had a show down between the Lord and Baal…
- He told them to choose: “How long will you hesitate between two opinions? If the Lord is God, follow Him; but if Baal, follow him.”
- Many profess Christ & yet are embracing wickedness & worldliness
- We are forced to choose what side we are on…
Matthew Henry’s commentary
- 2 sides – sin & wickedness / truth & holiness. No neutral side
- Are we on the Lord’s side?
- Only a few are choosing to be on his side
- If we are on the Lord’s side, how does that affect our lives?
- I John 2:15-17 – If we love the world, the love of the Father is not in us…
- There is no middle ground
- It is tragic that many “Christians” are not living the life…
JESUS CAME TO DESTROY THE WORKS OF THE DEVIL!
- I John 3:8 (sin is of the devil – Jesus came to destroy the works of the devil!)
- Living the life of Sin – or the overcoming, victorious life
- Matthew 7:13,14 -(2 Ways – hard to go both ways at the same time!)
- GIDEON – Judges 6-8
- Israelites were in great distress & prayed (Judges 6:6,7)
- Angel of the Lord came to Gideon – “The Lord is with you, you mighty man of valor” (brave man) (Judges 6:12)
- Judges 6-8 (Cont)
- ”Surely I will be with you, and you shall smite the Midianites” (Judges 6:16)
- “The Spirit of the Lord came upon Gideon, and he blew a trumpet” (Judges 6:43)
- God gave him some miraculous signs to encourage his faith (Judges 6:36-40)
- Midianites were on one side (to the north), Israel on the other (Joshua 7:1)
- Too many – (didn’t want the people to get proud & think that they had won the battle by themselves)
- 22,000 were afraid & fearful – they left (Joshua 7:2,3)
- 10,000 remained (Joshua 7:3)
- Sent home all but 300 chosen men (Judges 7:4-8)
- There was a dream sent by the Lord to confirm that the Lord was going to save Israel by the sword of Gideon & of the Lord – (Judges 7:9-15)
- The Lord delivered into their hand the host of Midian (Judges 7:15-25)
- The cried, “The SWORD OF THE LORD & of Gideon” as they broke their pitchers (lamps), and blew their trumpets (Judges 7:16-22)
- The enemies ran, and cried, and fled – AND THE LORD SET EVERY MAN’S SWORD AGAINST HIS FELLOW throughout the host, & the host fled…
- There was a mighty VICTORY – Israel was delivered! (Judges 7-8)
- 300 men against around 135,000 men- the enemy were slain (8:4,11) –
- In numbers over 100 to 1 the enemy had advantage – yet the THE LORD gave them VICTORY!
- Volkyrie was a false goddess in Norse mythology means – “chooser of the fallen or slain”
- Historical meaning and application: Nazi had a plan in place to regain control of Germany, should the people of Germany ever rebel against them – they had a plan to overthrow the rebellion & take the nation back.
- Appears to have application to an evil plot to overthrow a government.
- In a spiritual dream given by the Lord, the angel of the Lord used this name to depict an evil plan in America that would be exposed & destroyed if His people would PRAY!
Some Inspirational links:
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6Xi8qJfZeA #DutchSheetsMinistries #DutchSheets #DSM Operation Valkyrie 3AM Prayer
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIJ_UeIvUZY Recapping Operation Valkyrie Give Him 15: Daily Prayer with Dutch Day 27
- https://www.facebook.com/DutchSheets22/videos/781919185868269/ – 12/1/2020 7 PM Pray For The Nation Pennsylvania: Pray For The Nation
“VOLKYRIE HAS FALLEN!”
- Intercessors gathered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania at 3:00 a.m. in the cold of winter
- As they were praying & making decrees in faith & doing spiritual warfare – an amazing sign appeared in the sky!
- Does God answer prayer? YES!
- Does He fight for and with His people? YES!
- JESUS said in these last days there would be “signs from heaven” (Luke 21:11) “I will show wonders in heaven above and signs in the earth beneath” (Acts 2:19)
JONATHAN & HIS ARMOR-BEARER – I Samuel 14
- Jonathan & his armor bearer bravely went against the Philistines (the enemy) – I Samuel 14:1)
- Jonathan said, “it may be that the Lord will work for us, for there is no restraint to the Lord to save by many or by few!” (I Samuel 14:6,7)
- The Lord delivered them (the enemy) into the hand of Israel (I Samuel 14:12)
- There was an earthquake (I Samuel 14:15)
- The multitude melted away, and they went on beating down one another (I Samuel 14:16)
David Defeats Goliath – I Samuel 17
- The Philistines (enemy) stood on ONE SIDE – Israel stood on THE OTHER SIDE: and there was a VALLEY BETWEEN them (I Samuel 17:3).
- David said to Goliath – “I come to you in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. This day will the Lord deliver you into my hand…” (I Samuel 17:45,46)
- …that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel. And all this assembly shall know that the Lord saves not with sword and spear: for THE BATTLE IS THE LORD’S, and He will give you into our hands! … So David prevailed over the Philistine… (I Samuel 17:46,47,50
LEVIATHAN – Isaiah 27 / Revelation 12
- Isaiah 27:1 In that day the Lord with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish LEVIATHAN THE PIERCING SERPENT, even leviathan that crooked SERPENT; and he shall SLAY THE DRAGON that is in the sea. In that day, the Lord Yahweh will mercilessly wield His massive, mighty sword and punish Leviathan, the SWIFT, SLITHERING SERPENT. He will SLAY THE DRAGON of the sea— LEVIATHAN, THE TWISTING SERPENT. (TPT)
- In that day [the Lord will deliver Israel from her enemies and also from the rebel powers of evil and darkness] the Lord will punish LEVIATHAN THE FLEEING SERPENT with His fierce and great and mighty sword [rescuing Israel from her enemy], Even LEVIATHAN THE TWISTED SERPENT; And He will kill the DRAGON who lives in the sea. (Amp)
SERPENT (DEVIL) OVERCOME
- Revelation 12 3) And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red DRAGON… 7) And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the DRAGON; and the DRAGON fought and his angels, 9) And the great DRAGON was cast out, that old SERPENT, called the DEVIL, AND SATAN, which deceives the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. 11) And they overcame him (Satan) by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death… Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and of the sea! for THE DEVIL is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time.
- Revelation 17:14 These (God’s enemies) will make war with THE LAMB, and THE LAMB will overcome them, for He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those who are WITH HIM are called, chosen, and faithful.”
HEROES OF FAITH
- Hebrews 11 Abel; Enoch; Noah; Abraham; Isaac; Jacob; Joseph; Moses…. 33) through FAITH subdued kingdoms, who through faith subdued kingdoms, worked righteousness, obtained promises, …stopped the mouths of lions, 34 quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, became valiant in battle, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.
- Individual choices
- Freedom of choice within the context of wisdom… (Proverbs 1-4)
IMPORTANCE OF ABIDING
- ROMANS 11:22 – CONTINUE…
- JOHN 15 – ABIDE…
- I JOHN 3:8 He who SINS is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might DESTROY THE WORKS OF THE DEVIL.
- Living a sinful life OR the overcoming, victorious life of a true Christian!
- The Word of God draws the line for us, by defining sin and teaching sound doctrine. There is NO controversy if you believe the Bible. Where do you stand? Fence-straddlers make God vomit.
- There is a fierce battle, raging in the world. THE SIDE OF SCRIPTURE OR TRADITION? The side of the Bible OR certain things which have been handed down, by tradition, from the fathers? Are you on the side of God’s Word or of man’s word?
THE LORD’S SIDE
- The Side of the HOLY …wherever there is anything that is right, true, pure, holy, and of good report – that is “the Lord’s side.” Wherefore, always be on that side. (Philippians 4:8)
THE ENEMY’S SIDE
- The side of the UNHOLY
- If there is anything that is impure, unchaste, unlovely, unjust, that is not “the Lord’s side”. (Philippians 4:8)
- Double-minded, false, counterfeit pseudo-Christianity makes God sick! God says, “I need to go vomit.” A born-again child of God should feel the same way about EVIL & SIN.
MATTHEW 7:13,14 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
- Many spit in God’s face by living in sin, and then have the audacity to profess that they love Him.
- Some propagate the slogan DRINK RESPONSIBLY, while irresponsible legislatures allow drunk drivers on the streets!
- Giving place to drunkenness and vices is not the Lord’s side.
- Temperance, righteousness, sobriety…these are all on “the Lord’s side” of that question.
- So let every Christian see that he takes the same side as the Lord does.
- Some murder their own children by abortion; yet shamelessly boast that they VALUE LIFE.
- Homosexuality is a horrible sin, which brings the judgment of God upon a nation!
- Romans 1:24-32 – “uncleanness”- “vile affections/passions” – “error” – “reprobation”
- 2 Peter 2:6 – Sodom & Gomorrah was condemned & burned — “ungodliness”
- Jude 1:7 – Sodom & Gomorrah “fornication” – “strange flesh” – suffered the vengeance of “ETERNAL FIRE!”
- Rebellion, immoral sex and substance abuse are not only sinful, they are very destructive.
Psalm 97:10 “You that love the LORD, hate evil…”
THE ENEMY OF GOD
- EVIL & SIN IS AN ENEMY OF THE CROSS OF CHRIST! JESUS CAME TO DESTROY EVIL & EVERY DEVILISH ENEMY ON THE CROSS! (I John 3:8)
- Enemies of God
- “For many walk of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the ENEMIES of the cross of Christ”
NO MIDDLE GROUND
- Either you are on the Lord’s side or not. You CANNOT be friends with the sinful world and God at the same time. This is what the Bible teaches. The Bible states that to be a friend of the world is to be God’s enemy.
- “You adulterers and adulteresses, know you not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.”
- If we believe in the True God, Jesus Christ our Lord & Savior – then we must devote ourselves entirely to Him.
- Many want to just stay on the fence, so to speak. They don’t want to make a decision either for or against the Lord. That isn’t possible according to what Jesus said.
- “If you are not for me – you are against me. (Luke 11:23)
- We must make a decision! Those who didn’t join the Lord when Moses called them – were killed. If we don’t join the Lord during our lifetime, we will experience eternal death.
- Don’t live like the world!
THE LORD’S SIDE
- How can we SHOW THAT WE ARE ON SIDE?
- We must be bold adherents and brave proclaimers… to swim against the tide of public opinion, to speak unpopular truth, to declare that which God has taught you, even though nobody else believes it, being willing to stand against the whole world for God, as necessary…
- If you are on “the Lord’s side”, be willing to be in a minority. Be followers of the early Christians; run not with the multitude to do evil; rather choose the narrow way, that leads unto life, though few there be that find it.
- From the days of Noah, the followers of the Lord have usually been in the minority. The sons of Levi were in a minority, in comparison with the great host of idolaters in the camp of Israel, yet they came out boldly for the Lord.
UNITE WITH CHRISTIANS
- Moses cried, “Who is on the Lord’s side? …let him come (gather) unto me.” If you are a Christian, you should unite with other Christians… rally with the hosts of God in the great battle against wrong.
RESIST THE DEVIL
- Make no wicked league or truce, for we are to resist the devil. As Peter writes, “whom RESIST steadfast in the faith.” (I Peter 5:9)
- The sons of Levi had to smite the adversaries of God, and so must you who are on “the Lord’s side.”
BE BOLD WITNESSES
- Attack the foe (enemy) on all sides. Speak to your friends about Christ! So live that they will see Christ’s life reproduced in you, at least in a measure! Those you work or live with — your companions… tell them all about Jesus Christ, & how they can BE SAVED!
- If we are a church that is fully awakened, and zealous for Christ and his truth, we should expect persecution. Those that will live godly in Christ will suffer persecution (2 Timothy 3:12).
SHARE WITH EXCITEMENT
- The early Christian church was very enthusiastic; they went everywhere preaching the Word.
- They who are on “the Lord’s side” must do as they are bidden. They must be prepared to obey all Christ’s commands. When we are converted to Christ, we lay down this rule for myself, “Whatever the Lord teaches me, in his Word, I will follow…
- If it should lead me into a path where I shall be quite alone, because I can find nobody to believe as I believe, yet will I believe and teach that which the Holy Spirit reveals to me in the Word.”
FRUIT / WORKS (PROOF)
- Decisions –
- Lifestyle –
- Worship & whole-hearted love for God–
- Holiness –
- Separation –
- Faith, belief, trust –
- Strong & Courageous –
- Overcoming sin & temptation
- Walk in the light –
- Willingness to sacrifice –
- Endure hardness –
- Devotion and commitment –
- Fear of God –
- Obedience –
- Fellowship with Christians –
THE LORD’S SIDE (FAITH)
- This is where, “the Lord’s side” begins, — Belief in God against Atheism and other forms of unbelief. (Hebrews 11:6)
- Believers are on the opposite side of unbelief & atheism.
- To fear him, to reverence him, to trust him, to love him, to serve him, to worship him that is being on “the Lord’s side.”
THE DEVIL’S SIDE
Infidelity assumes many forms
1) the DOUBT as to whether there is any God at all.
2) the DARING DEFIANCE of God, if therebe a God.
3) or INDIFFERENCE, which utterly neglects God, not caring about Him either one way or another.
- Which side are you on?
- Are you a believer, a fearer, a truster, a lover, a worshiper of God; OR are you a neglecter, a rejecter, a hater of him?
- Isaiah 2:2 –
- LOVE SIN – OR SOUND DOCTRINE?
- THOSE WHO DON’T JOIN GOD’S SIDE — IS THE WAY OF ETERNAL DEATH
- JESUS IS COMING
- SHAME & JUDGMENT TO THE DISOBEDIENT
- APPROVAL AND REWARDS TO THE RIGHTEOUS
IT’S TIME TO TAKE SIDES …
- BELIEF OR UNBELIEF
- HOLINESS OR UNHOLINESS
- RIGHTEOUSNESS OR UNRIGHTEOUSNESS
- TRADITION OR TRUTH
- WILLINGNESS TO STAND ALONE & BE PART OF A MINORITY
- LET’S GET AGGRESSIVE AGAINST THE DEVIL!
- LET’S SUBMIT TO GOD (Time to stop being stubborn, rebellious, so independent we can’t listen to God or anybody)
- Let’s WAGE WAR FOR JESUS
- Let’s BE HIS WITNESSES
- DON’T BE INDECISIVE
COMMITMENT I hope that all of us are willing to say, “I love my Savior, and I am willing to say ‘yes’, and confess that I am on ‘the Lord’s side.’ I have been far too long hesitating, and halting between two opinions; but I will not let another week go by without saying, as plainly as words can say it, ‘I have given myself to Christ.”