Let us worship His Majesty!
The fingerprint & footprint of MAJESTY is revealed in everything the Lord has created!
JESUS IS MAJESTIC!
- Psalm 8 O Lord our Lord How majestic is your name in all the earth!
Ps. 19:1,2 Creation proclaims his greatness. The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display his craftsmanship.
Psalm 145:5,12 I will meditate on the glorious splendor of Your MAJESTY, And on Your wondrous works. To make known to the sons of men His mighty acts, And the glorious MAJESTY of His kingdom.
Deuteronomy 33:26 There is no one like the God of Israel. He rides on the heavens to HELP you and on the clouds in HIS MAJESTY!
Isaiah 24:14 They shall lift up their voice, they shall sing; For the MAJESTY of the Lord They shall cry aloud from the sea.
THE MAJESTY OF HIS NAME
WORSHIP HIS MAJESTY!
- Majesty – worship His majesty… Unto Jesus be all glory, honor, and praise! Majesty, worship His majesty – Unto Jesus, be all glory, honor and praise! Majesty, kingdom authority, rose from His throne, unto His own, His anthem raise – So exalt, lift up on high the name of JESUS! Magnify, come glorify the King of all Kings! Majesty, Worship His majesty! Jesus who died, is now glorified – King of all Kings!
- “For years I have been convinced that the provisions of Christ for the believer not only include our forgiveness for sin; but provide restoration to a ROYAL RELATIONSHIP with God as sons and daughters born into the family THROUGH HIS MAJESTY, our Savior, Jesus Christ. My wife Anna and I spent our vacation in Great Britain, traveling throughout the land from the south country and Wales to the northern parts of Scotland. It was the same year as the 25th Anniversary of Queen Elizabeth’s coronation, and SYMBOLS OF ROYALTY were abundantly in evidence. So powerfully did THE SENSE OF CHRIST JESUS’ ROYALTY, dignity, and MAJESTY fill my heart; I seemed to feel something new of what it meant to be His! While visiting many of the castles of the land, I began to sense the influence one might feel if raised as a child in such regal (royal) settings. One day, as Anna and I drove along together, the opening lyrics and melody of “MAJESTY” simply came to my heart. I continued driving, asking Anna to jot the words and melody line in the notebook she had beside her.
“MAJESTY” describes the kingly, lordly, gloriously regal nature of our Savior – but not simply as an objective statement in worship of which He is fully worthy.”
He has birthed us into His eternal Kingdom, restored to the inheritance of sons and daughters,
qualified for victory in battle against the Adversary, and DESTINED FOR THE THRONE forever in His presence!
“MAJESTY” is also a statement of the fact that our worship, when begotten in spirit and in truth,
can align us with His Throne in such a way that His Kingdom authority flows to us – to overflow us, free us, and channel through us.”
Psalm 95:6,7 O come, let us worship and bow down. Let us kneel before the Lord our maker for he is our God.
(In certain parts of Nigeria there is a required protocol in the presence of Kings. You cannot remain standing or you might get a ‘rough tackle’ from the palace guards…
If that is how an earthly king is treated – how much more should we reverence ‘The Sovereign Monarch of the Universe’ !)
- Ascribe greatness to our God.
(It follows that the quality of worship we give is determined by the value or worth we place on God.)
Worship is our way of acknowledging and appreciating God’s role and rule in our lives.
Through our worship we should express, “You are higher than I am; You can do for me what I cannot do for myself.”
- In Revelation the 24 elders fell down before God in humility as a response to the worship song.
- As we appreciate God’s awesomeness, we can’t help but worship.
- There is something special that happens to us when we’ve encountered the presence of the living God.
- Psalm 22:28 – The Kingdom is the Lord’s and He rules over the nations.
- (We belong to something big and grand. We belong to God and therefore to His royal family. The King of all the nations is our Father. We are forever accepted and passionately loved.)
Rev. 1:5,6 …To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood, 6 and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever.
Someone noted that “worship is in the DNA of the human heart…so if you don’t worship God, then you will worship something or someone else.”
We are sons and daughters of the King. So let’s walk like it, talk like it, dress like it, behave like it! Our purpose is not to get attention for ourselves, but to turn hearts to the King.
- Worship in spirit & truth (John 4:23,24)
- Worship in the beauty of holiness (Psalm 29:2)
- 2 Corinthians 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.
- Psalm 115:8 They that make them (idols) are like unto them; so is every one that trusts in them. (everyone who trusts in these powerless, dead things will be just like what they worship – TPT)
- I John 5:21 …keep yourselves from idols
- Isaiah 42:8 I am the Lord, that is My name; And My glory I will not give to another, Nor My praise to carved images.
IT’S ALL ABOUT JESUS
- Great mystery – the Revelation of our Creator
- Story of Jesus – never grows old
- Prophesied – Is. 9:6
Matthew / Luke / John
- Savior of the world – Matt. 1:21; John 3:16; I John
- Angels – good news!
- Shepherds – Ministers are to discover & declare
- Manger – feeding trough
- Stable – Jesus “Lamb of God”
- Kings – gifts to the “King of Kings”
- Star – Miraculous sign in the heavens
- His lineage –
- His names –
- Worthy is His name!
- Grand; magnificent; grandiose; stately, elegant; impressive; royal power; sovereignty; kingly; sovereign power, authority, or dignity; royalty; grandeur; greatness or splendor of quality or character – referring to a King or Queen or emporors…
- Websters 1828 = greatness of appearance; dignity; grandeur; dignity of aspect of manner; the quality or state of a person or thing which inspires awe or reverence in the beholder; applied with peculiar propriety to God and His works.
- Jehovah reigns; he is clothed with MAJESTY (Psalm 93:1)
- The voice of Jehovah is full of MAJESTY (Psalm 29:4)
- It is applied to the dignity, pomp and splendor of earthly princes.
- When he showed the riches of his glorious kingdom–the honor of his EXCELLENT MAJESTY many days– (Esther 1:4)
- Elevated; splendid
- God’s Majesty is something the Bible calls “Terrible” and which causes men to fear Him (Job 37:22-24)
- As the King of Kings our God is the Sovereign ‘Judge’ of the Universe! One synonym for ‘judge’ is ‘majestrate’.
THE POWER OF HIS MAJESTY
• It is God’s majesty that causes him to use his Kingly power to execute judgment and justice in the earth.
Isaiah 2:10-21 tells us how greatly men fear before the LORD when the glory of HIS MAJESTY shakes the earth to judge man’s pride and idols!
- Every earthquake should help us to truly fear God’s terrible MAJESTY as we realize the final judgment day has not yet come!
- The King has power to punish all treason, rebellion, and indignities whatsoever. All that will not hear and obey him shall be destroyed!
- Exodus 15:3 – The Lord is a warrior – Yahweh is his name!
- Exodus 15:6 – Your right hand – O Lord is glorious in power. Your right hand O LORD smashes the enemy. 7 In the greatness of your MAJESTY you overthrow those who rise against you. You unleash your blazing fury…. it consumes them like straw.
Psalm 111:3 Everything He does reveals His glory and MAJESTY.
- The LORD bestowed on Solomon his “royal majesty” (I Chron. 29:25). MAJESTY was bestowed on Solomon so he could judge Israel in wisdom (I Kings 3:9 with 2 Chron. 1:10-11)
- Solomon had such GREAT MAJESTY that as judge he could order a baby to be cut in half with a sword and it would have been done (I Kings 3:9, 16-28)
- After this incident all Israel “feared the king: for they saw that the wisdom of God was in him.”
JESUS IS A MAJESTIC CONQUEROR
JESUS DISPLAYED MAJESTY
- Luke 9:43 And they were all amazed at the MAJESTY of God. But while everyone marveled at all the things which Jesus did, He said to His disciples…
- Hebrews 8:1 Now this is the main point of the things we are saying: We have such a High Priest, who is seated at the right hand of the throne of the MAJESTY in the heavens,
EYEWITNESSES OF HIS MAJESTY
- 2 Peter 1:16-17 For we did not follow cunningly devised fables when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of His MAJESTY. For he received from God the Father honor and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory (by the MAJESTIC GLORY), This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
THE LORD IS MAJESTIC
- Jude 1:25 To God our Savior, Who alone is wise, Be glory and MAJESTY, Dominion and power, Both now and forever. Amen.
- I Chronicles 29:11 Yours, O Lord, is the greatness, The power and the glory, The victory and the MAJESTY; For all that is in heaven and in earth is Yours; Yours is the kingdom, O Lord, And You are exalted as head over all.
- Job 37:22 He comes from the north as golden splendor; With God is awesome MAJESTY.
- MICAH 5:4 And He shall stand and feed His flock In the strength of the Lord, In the MAJESTY of the name of the Lord His God; And they shall abide, For now He shall be great to the ends of the earth;…
GOD’S GLORIOUS MAJESTY
- THE STORY OF THE KINGS (MAGI) Matthew 2; Psalm 8
- They followed the star that was sovereignly placed in the sky that brought them to Jesus.
- The heavens declared the glory of God and the stars proclaimed the work of His hands; His glory shown through the heavens He created, and He drew the Magi to Himself… to WORSHIP.
- When they arrived, they found a small child in a humble place – not at all what they had expected. However, the unexpected did not obscure the MAJESTY of this king.
John 1:3-4 …speaking of Jesus, says, “Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.”
- God’s kingdom coming into the world, the climax of victory over darkness & all the works of the devil, for all humanity, started with the birth of a small baby!
- The Magi gave the MAJESTIC CHILD precious gifts fit for a king and reverently bowed lowin honor. They had considered the heavens for many years, studying the moon and the stars, which God had set in motion so they and the nations they represented might come to know Him and WORSHIP at His feet.
- When we leave our personal comfort zones to seek Jesus, and truly find Him – we find great joy and we cannot help but WORSHIP!
- Like the Magi we have the privilege of bowing low before King Jesus in reverence and awe praying, “Lord, who am I…?
- What is man that you sacrificed your heavenly seat to come into this world to save us?”
- We can lay down our earthly crowns of popularity, wealth, and potential in light of his MAJESTY and give him all we have — greatest treasures of our hearts, and worship Him!
- True life is found in a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- What about you? Do you intimately know Him?
- Have you seen His glory, HIS MAJESTY, and has it brought you into joyful, authentic worship?
- One of life’s greatest joys is to know JESUS! This joy is even greater than the other fleeting joys we may experience. This joy is enduring and will never disappoint!
- King Jesus wants a personal relationship with us! He wants us to behold His glory & MAJESTY.
- We can come to him with awe, obedience, and surrender because the King of all kings – in all of HIS GLORIOUS MAJESTY – JESUS CHRIST OUR SAVIOR has lovingly made himself known to you and to me.