God is rich in mercy!
INTRO: Mercy is an integral part of the gospel message. Jesus came to become a channel of lovingkindness and mercy to the world.
- Where would any of us be without God’s mercy & grace? … We would all be doomed to destruction!
- David prayed — Have MERCY…according unto the multitude of your tender MERCIES blot out my transgressions.
- Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of MERCIES, and God of all comfort…
- Intercession at Washington D.C.; “Mercy” (6 times); Angelic message.
Stories of BLIND MEN RECEIVING MERCY
- 2 blind men healed in Capernaum
- Bartimaeus healed near Jericho as he was crying out “Jesus have MERCY on me!”
JESUS IS MERCIFUL
- Ephesians 2:4,7-8 – God is rich in mercy – we are saved by His grace & mercy
Because of His mercy and grace, we have been saved from HELL!
- It’s because of His mercies and compassion that we are not consumed. They are new every day, & great is His faithfulness!
JESUS IS OUR MERCIFUL HIGH PRIEST (Hebrews 2:17)
- He is a MERCIFUL and faithful high priest, making reconciliation for our sins.
- He is interceding for us…
GOD’S GREAT MERCIES
- DEFINITION: Overlooking an offense; treating an offender better than what he deserves; Forgiveness of trespasses and injuries; forbear punishment & reduce consequences of an offense less than what is warranted; pardon…
- MERCY & grace (grace is the closest synonym to describe mercy).
- Pray for MERCY, peace, & love to be multiplied
- God’s great MERCY forgives sin – (however he does not clear the guilt and just judgment for the unrepentant).
- His GREAT MERCIES are over all of his works.
- He is MERCIFUL & gracious! His MERCIFUL kindness is great toward us!
- He is abounding in MERCY!
HIS MERCY ENDURES FOREVER
- His great mercies are everlasting (Psalm 100:4-5)
- “Praise the Lord for His mercy endures forever!” (declare)
- Dedication of the Temple of Solomon
- Rebuilding of the Temple
- Jehoshaphat’s army
- Psalm 136 – all 26 verses… “for His mercy endures forever
MORE SCRIPTURES & BIBLICAL ILLUSTRATIONS
- In Isaiah the Lord says, “with everlasting kindness, I will have MERCY on you”
- The voice of the bridegroom & the bride say “For the Lord is good, for His MERCY ENDURES FOREVER!
WE PRAISE YOU, LORD, FOR YOUR MERCY ENDURES FOREVER!