He is able to keep us strong in faith!
- God is looking for people of FAITH! (Luke 18:8 –“When the Son of Man comes shall He find faith on the earth”?)
- FAITH in God. (Mark 11:22-24)
- JESUS – Let us run with endurance, looking to Jesus, author & finisher of our faith! (Hebrews 12:1-2)
- THE WORD – Faith comes through the Word! (Romans 10:17)
- Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every WORD that comes from God (Matthew 4:4)
- 2 Timothy 3:16-17 – All Scripture is given by the inspiration of God… equipped for every good work (FAITH).
- Philippians 1:6 … He who began a good work in you will complete it
TRUE CHRISTIANITY is all about FAITH! (Hebrews 11:6)
- We can’t please God except through faith
LIVE BY FAITH
- The just live by faith – if we draw back, He is not pleased with us (Hebrews 10:38)
- We live by the faith of Jesus (Galatians 2:20)
- Christ dwells in our hearts by faith (Ephesians 3:17)
- We are saved by faith (Ephesians 2:8-9)
HAVE FAITH IN GOD (Mark 11:22-24)
- What does it mean to have faith?
- Hebrews 11:11 – …faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen
LAST DAYS WARNINGS
- Don’t draw back (Hebrews 10:38)
- In the last days, some will depart from the faith (I Timothy 4:1-2)
- Hold fast to our faith (Hebrews 10:22-23) Have enduring faith!
- Fight the good fight of faith
The wise men are heroes of faith!
- They believed in someone they had never seen before
- They were persistent in their search – they searched until they found..
- They didn’t just look at the circumstances – they considered the divine revelation.
Other Examples & Illustrations of faith
- Abraham was strong in faith – fully persuaded that what He had promised, he was able to perform
- Peter & John (lame man)
- Peter walking on the water
- Caleb & Joshua
- David – Goliath
- Heroes of faith (Hebrews 11) – central characteristics of
- Story of Lazarus…
- John 11:40 – Didn’t I tell you that you would see God’s glory if you believe?
- Personal illustrations & stories
Examples of unbelief (faithlessness)
- Maybe we’re like that guy who said, “I do believe, but help my unbelief.
- Jonah 3:4 – Nineveh was a faithless city who enticed the nations with her beauty and taught them her magic.
WARNING: Don’t draw back, don’t fall away from the faith
- In the last days, some will depart from the faith
- Whatever is not of faith is sin.
Nurture growing faith
- Build yourself up in faith praying in the Holy Spirit
- Maintaining enduring, steadfast, constant, unwavering, unmovable, unfailing faith – hold fast to faith – endure to the end.
- Build on faith – good foundation – never fall
- Faith is given to every believer.
- How important is it that we speak words of faith?
- Hear Jesus’ words – do what He says.
- Don’t fear.
- Abound in faith.
- Walk by faith, not by sight.
Faith in the midst of the storms of life
- Don’t doubt in the dark what God has told you in the light – don’t doubt in the storm what God has told you in the calm.
- In Mark 4:35 – Jesus had told them they would cross to the other side of the lake.
- Mark 4:40 – Jesus calmed the storm…then he asked them, “Why are you afraid? Do you still have no faith?” 41 The disciples were absolutely terrified. “Who is this man?” they asked each other. “Even the wind and waves obey him!”
- Sometimes when God promises you something, your journey first takes you through a powerful storm.
- Sometimes your storm begins to thrash against the boat. It’s dark; it’s confusing; it’s out of control and chaotic. You don’t know what to do. Did God really promise that?
- You knew that God was moving in your life, and you were up for it, and then the storm hit. It was the opposite of what you hoped it would be, the opposite of what you thought it would be, and you had no idea of how tough it could get on all your skills and all your energy. You’re at the end of yourself.
- People experience fear in the midst of storms. We can wonder if Jesus is sleeping like he was in this story. Jesus is being passive and seemingly uncaring in the midst of all they are going through.
Rewards we can expect.
- If we endure, we shall reign (2 Timothy 2:12)
- If anyone endures, he shall receive a reward (I Corinthians 3:14)
- Proverbs 3:5-6
- Psalm 37:3-5
- Trials of faith are valuable – they work patient endurance.
Let’s keep our eyes on Jesus – not the circumstance, or others. He is able to keep us strong in faith and help us not fall away in the midst of the tests and trials and storms.