Surrendering to His Lordship!
- O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt His name together! (Psalmist)
- O LORD our LORD how majestic is your name in all the earth! (Psalmist)
- The Name “LORD” is a powerful revelation of who He is!
- He is LORD OF LORDS & Kings of Kings.
TRUE & LIVING GOD
- Story of Elijah & the false prophets
- Joshua – “As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD!
- Had an encounter with the LORD
- His life was radically changed!
- Overcame temptations of the devil – (authority of the Lord)
- The commandments
OVERVIEW OF THE 1st 6 CHAPTERS OF ROMANS
- With special highlights regarding this theme…)
- judgment for sin that is surely coming / God’s mercies upon those who accept HIS LORDSHIP.
- CHAPTER 1
- The wonderful gospel about Jesus
- Jesus was resurrected – & is now our LORD!
- Being unashamed of the gospel
- Not only receiving life through faith – but the power of living by faith!
- God’s judgments upon a sinful lifestyle
- CHAPTER 2
- God judges sin & evil doing
- Religion does not save
- Those that do good will be rewarded
- The unrighteous will be punished.
- We will be judged by our response to the gospel
- Don’t be hypocritical
- We need to have a radical change of heart by the power of the Holy Spirit (inviting Jesus into our heart and allowing Him to be LORD!)
- CHAPTER 3
- God is righteous and always faithful & true to His Word – while people are proven to be liars
- Universal sinfulness – all have sinned
- Jesus set us free from sin, punishment, and the power of sin
- He demonstrated His justice & mercy
- When we stand on the faithfulness of Jesus – God declares us righteous in His eyes.
- Faith in His finished work at the cross makes us right with God
- God’s declaration that we are righteous can only come when we put our faith in Christ.
- CHAPTER 5
- Sin reigned in death
- Grace reigns in righteousness through our LORD
- CHAPTER 6
- Die to sin – live to Christ Jesus our LORD
- The gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus OUR LORD!
- Only through Jesus! (Acts 4:12; John 14:6)
- Salvation through calling on the name of the LORD
- Jesus on the throne of our life as the supreme authority
- Allowing Him to be LORD (boss)
- Over everything in our life
- Not just lip-service – but with our LIFESTYLE
- Walk worthy of the LORD (pleasing him; being fruitful; good works; increasing in the knowledge of God)
- As we have received Him, so walk (live) in Him
- Don’t make provision for the flesh
- The LORD is our helper…
- Surrendering to His Lordship – obedience…