He is still the miracle worker
Supernatural seasons – (into a new era – time of the favor of the Lord.)
- In Scripture – “due seasons, set times, appointed times, opportune times, harvest seasons, or reaping times” This is a supernatural, opportune season when the Holy Spirit and the Lord’s angels lead us into supernatural occurrences and the fulfillment of prophecy. (the season when so much is due to happen that it’s really hard to comprehend)
- (IT IS A SEASON WHEN GRACE MULTIPLIES, FAVOR SOAKS THE PEOPLE OF GOD TO GIVE THEM SUCCESS, SUCCESS IN LIFE, TO OPEN UP A MINISTRY TO THEM, TO OPEN OPPORTUNITY TO THEM. IT IS A SEASON WHEN GOD THE JUDGE OF THE UNIVERSE VERDICTS IN OUR FAVOR THIS SEASON HE IS ISSUING THE FAVOR OF THE LORD)
Galatians 6:9 – And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.
Micah 2:13 – The one who breaks open will come up before them; they will break out, pass through the gate, and go out by it; their king will pass before them, with the Lord at their head.”
Exodus 5:1-2 – 1 Afterward Moses and Aaron went in and told Pharaoh, “Thus says the Lord God of Israel: ‘Let My people go, that they may [a]hold a feast to Me in the wilderness.’ ” 2 And Pharaoh said, “Who is the Lord, that I should obey His voice to let Israel go? I do not know the Lord, nor will I let Israel go.”
Exodus 7:3 – And I will harden Pharaoh’s heart, and multiply my signs, wonders, and miracles in the land of Egypt.
- Anticipating a SUPER – supernatural season, a mega-outpouring of the Holy Spirit in these times, such as has never been seen before in history.
- We will be seeing a fuller demonstration of who Jesus really is…
- Jesus the breaker – will help us supernaturally break-through confinements – He will break us free. It is a breakthrough season.
Ex 5:1-2 – 1 (NIV) – 1 Afterward Moses and Aaron went to Pharaoh and said, “This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: ‘Let my people go, so that they may hold a festival to me in the wilderness.’ ” 2 Pharaoh said, “Who is the LORD, that I should obey him and let Israel go? I do not know the LORD and I will not let Israel go.”
- WE SEE A DUE TIME HERE FOR SOMETHING TO END AND NEW FREEDOM TIMES TO BEGIN.
- THE BREAKER LEADS THIS.
- IT WAS TIME FOR BONDAGE TO END
- IT WAS TIME FOR PROMISES GIVEN TO BE RECEIVED.
- OUR AWESOME GOD WILL GOING TO RISE UP BEFORE HIS PEOPLE TO LEAD THEM TO GREAT BREAKTHROUGHS BY GIVING THEM BREAKTHROUGH MIRACLES.
- IT WAS NOT POSSIBLE ANY OTHER WAY!
- BY GIVING THEM BREAKTHROUGH MIRACLES!
- THAT IS THE SEASON WE ARE NOW IN ONLY SUPERSIZED!
- EX. ABRAHAM – MEANING THAT THE MIRACULOUS WAS NOW DUE.
- MIRACLES HAD TO COME TO THEIR APPOINTED TIME
- MIRACLES WERE NOW IN SEASON
- MIRACLES, SIGNS, AND WONDERS ARE NOW IN SEASON.
- FOR THEM TO INHERIT WHAT WAS PROMISED, THEY WERE GONNA HAVE A MIRACULOUS BREAKTHROUGH.
- THERE WAS NO OTHER WAY!!
- COULDN’T BE DONE WITHOUT MIRACLES!!
- THERE ARE SOME PROMISES THAT GOD HAS MADE TO US THAT REQUIRE HIM TO DO MIRACLES!!
- FOR MUCH OF WHAT GOD HAS PROMISED US HERE, HERE IN OUR TIMES, HE WILL HAVE TO DO MIRACLES!
- IT’S NOT AN OPTION HE WILL HAVE TO AND HOLY SPIRIT IS NOW SAYING THROUGH THE PROPHETS, THROUGH THE APOSTLES IN ALL KINDS OF WAYS
- HE IS NOW SAYING, IT’S NOW DUE YOU ARE NOW IN THE SEASON OF THE MIRACLES!
THE EXODUS REVEALS SOME OF THE GREATEST MIRACLES THAT PRODUCED BREAKTHROUGHS THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN
Red Sea – needed a miracle – an ocean opened and parted way to get them to the place of promise.
- Ephesians 1:10 – all the seasons come to fullness – same thing due at a higher level – in this end time dispensation
- (THE PROMISED FREEDOM THAT GOD HAD GIVEN IT DID NOT LOOK POSSIBLE)
- IT DID NOT LOOK LIKE IT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN BUT WE KNOW THAT GOD GAVE A MIRACULOUS BREAKTHROUGH!!
- TO GET THEM TO THE PLACE OF PROMISE, GOD TOOK THE MIRACLES TO A NEW LEVEL.
Manna – came down — food for around a million people, every day, for 40 years (14,600 days)!
- That averages out to around 21 million, 900 tons or 43 billion 300 million lbs. (with no bakeries, no trains or trucks to bring it in…
TO GET THEM TO A NEW TIME OF INHERITANCE OUR GOD HAD TO DO THAT, HE HAD TO TAKE THE MIRACLES TO A NEW LEVEL!
THE SAME IS TRUE IN OUR TIME IN THIS SEASON IN THIS APPOINTED TIME OF THE LORD IN THIS ENDTIME DISPENSATION, HE WILL NOW TAKE IT TO A NEW LEVEL. HE HAS PROMISED AND HE ALWAYS KEEPS HIS WORD!!!
Quail – conservative estimates, 131 billion 400 million of them… to get them to the place of freedom
GOD GAVE THEM MIRACULOUS BREAKTHROUGHS
HE TOOK MIRACLES TO A WHOLE NEW LEVEL.
AND HE PROMISES I’M GOING TO DO IT FOR MY CHURCH!
Miracles are multiplied – his signs, wonders, and miracles
It didn’t look like breakthrough times were present…
- Pharaoh – was defiant, and said NO.. he was not going to honor God and basically said ‘no way’…. Said he didn’t know the Lord!
- (NOT REALLY ALL THAT MUCH DIFFERENT THAN SOME OF OUR GOVERNMENT LEADERS IN OUR TIMES TODAY!
- NO, WE ARE NOT GOING TO LISTEN TO THE WORD OF YOUR GOD
- YOU CHRISTIAN JUST NEED TO GIVE IT UP, YOU JUST NEED TO SHUT UP!
- TELL YOUR GOD WE SAID NO!
- Israelites were suffering under oppression. Their suffering was passive/submissive. Voice-less captives… (for 10 generations) – they did not do anything about it.
- Like many today – don’t know the Lord, nor are they willing to follow His ways —
They cried out to the Lord, and the Lord heard.
- they were under the tyranny of an oppressive governmental system, too narcissistic (self-exalting, self-centered — ‘it’s all about me’ stuff…) passivity could bring bondage & destruction – we need to become aggressive warriors, not passive exists – we need to be active believers who active believers that frees us to celebrate God however we want to celebrate God, and not let anyone tell us how we can or can’t! oppressors must be confronted by truth – God’s Word is truth.
- An opportune time had come – God sent Moses back to Egypt, and they made a stand. When we do God will multiply the signs, wonders, and miracles. When we do – He will do wonders.
- Pharaoh – “Who is your God?” — was arrogant, prideful, conceited…
- God starts to answer – this text is about God answering them. This world is about to find out who God is when the true church takes its stand. God refuses to be mocked, and not to answer.
‘Signs’ – means monuments, miraculous things, proofs, to show something clearly to indicate the reality of something
‘Wonders’ – the mighty acts of God that cause mankind to wonder
God multiplied his wonders – God knows how to multiply his power to help His people free… miracles will go to a new level
- water turns into blood
- flies in the skies – swarms of them
- frogs everywhere
- fish killed – dead stinky fish
- locusts – swarms, they destroy crops
- hailstorms mixed with lightning (fire)
- firstborn slain (97% of over 61 million abortions in America were someone’s firstborn)
God will send a mega-outpouring of the Spirit – He knows how to multiply His power
There is going to be a great, miraculous harvest of souls
- Galatians 6:7 – … we will always harvest what we plant… ALL harvests will come due..
- God will not allow himself to be mocked… whatever a man sows, he will reap (MSG) Mockers receive what is coming to them
- God is not done – He will honor His covenant with our forefathers
Pharaoh – asked – “who is your God?” — that I should obey His voice?
- Believers need to ask the same question in a positive – to see who God really is.
- He is never confused about anything – He is still the miracle worker, the one who is in charge, who rules & reigns…
- He is boss – He is still God Almighty! He is still the Lord of angel armies.. still the All-powerful one!
- Egypt was never the same after this! God answered the challenge!
- Pharaoh swore that he would not let the people go — but he did! What hell says doesn’t matter! What the media says doesn’t matter! What a politician says doesn’t matter…
What God says is what matters! What does the king say, and what will we do about it?
- God took the signs and wonders to a new level, and MULTIPLIED THEM!
- Think about who He is, and you come to a new level of faith and anticipation!
- Because of God’s covenant, He did miracles for them!
- We are going to see Him do miracles for us! See His glory! Experience His fire! See Him fight for us! See His provision miraculously flying in! We will see a destiny totally different from what the world has planned.
Prayer: Lord, Multiply signs & wonders in the land…
Here are a few more thoughts about miracles:
- OT miracle stories
- NT miracle stories
- Stories about miracles surrounding Jesus’ birth, life, death, and resurrection – the gospel is miraculous
- Special signs wonders and miracles that Jesus did – multiplying bread & fish, healing, delivering, stilling form, raising the dead, etc..
- Other Scriptures about miracles, signs, & wonders
- Miracles in our own life
- Application – point to Jesus the miracle worker — to give Him glory – pray for miraculous, wondrous things…
Psalm 72: 18,19 –Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, who only does WONDROUS things! And blessed be His glorious name forever! And let the whole earth be filled with His glory. Amen and Amen.
Psalm 40:5 – Many, O Lord my God, are Your WONDERFUL works Which You have done;
Isaiah 8:18 – We are for SIGNS & WONDERS in Israel from the Lord of hosts, who dwells in Mount Zion.
Psalm 77:14 – You are the God who does WONDERS;…
Psalm 96:3 – Declare His glory among the nations, His WONDERS among all peoples.
Psalm 135:9 – He sent signs and wonders into the midst of you, O Egypt, Upon Pharaoh and all his servants.
Acts 7:36 – He brought them out, after he had shown wonders and signs in the land of Egypt, and in the Red Sea, and in the wilderness forty years.
Isaiah 9:6 – His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 28:29 – This also comes from the Lord of hosts, Who is wonderful in counsel and excellent in guidance.
Matthew 21:15 – the chief priests and scribes saw the wonderful things that He did,
Acts 2:19,22 – I will show wonders in heaven above And signs in the earth beneath: …Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by MIRACLES, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know—
Acts 4:30 – by stretching out Your hand to heal, and that signs and wonders may be done through the name of Your holy Servant Jesus.”
Hebrews 2:4 – God also bearing witness both with signs and wonders, with various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit, according to His own will?
Mark 16:17-18 – And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name, they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”
Acts 4:15-16 – But when they had commanded them to go aside out of the council, they conferred among themselves, 16saying, “What shall we do to these men? For, indeed, that a notable miracle has been done through them is evident to all who dwell in Jerusalem, and we cannot deny it.
Acts 8:6 – And the multitudes with one accord heeded the things spoken by Philip, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did.
Acts 15:12 – and listened to Barnabas and Paul declaring how many miracles and wonders God had worked through them among the Gentiles.
Acts 10:38 – God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.
I John 3:8 – …For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.
Exodus 10:2 – that you may tell in the hearing of your son and your son’s son the mighty things I have done in Egypt, and My signs which I have done among them, that you may know that I am the Lord.”
Numbers 14:11,22 – long will they not believe Me, with all the signs which I have performed among them?… all these men who have seen My glory and the signs which I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and have put Me to the test now these ten times, and have not heeded My voice,
Deuteronomy 6:22 – the Lord showed signs and wonders before our eyes, great and severe, against Egypt, Pharaoh, and all his household.
Joshua 24:17 – the Lord our God is He who brought us and our fathers up out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage, who did those great signs in our sight and preserved us in all the way that we went and among all the people through whom we passed.
2 Kings 2 – Elisha Performs Miracles 19 Then the men of the city said to Elisha, “Please notice, the situation of this city is pleasant, as my lord sees; but the water is bad, and the ground barren.”20And he said, “Bring me a new bowl, and put salt in it.” So they brought it to him. 21Then he went out to the source of the water, and cast in the salt there, and said, “Thus says the Lord: ‘I have healed this water; from it there shall be no more death or barrenness.’ ” 22So the water remains healed to this day, according to the word of Elisha which he spoke.
Acts 19:11-12 – Miracles Glorify Christ 11 Now God worked unusual miracles by the hands of Paul, 12 so that even handkerchiefs or aprons were brought from his body to the sick, and the diseases left them and the evil spirits went out of them.