Jesus is the one that can satisfy our hunger.
- Mark 11; Matthew 21; Luke 19; John 12
- Mark 11:1-11 – Now when they drew near Jerusalem, to Bethphage and Bethany, at the Mount of Olives, He sent two of His disciples; 2 and He said to them, “Go into the village opposite you; and as soon as you have entered it you will find a colt tied, on which no one has sat. Loose it and bring it. 3 And if anyone says to you, ‘Why are you doing this?’ say, ‘The Lord has need of it,’ and immediately he will send it here.” 4 So they went their way, and found the colt tied by the door outside on the street, and they loosed it. 5 But some of those who stood there said to them, “What are you doing, loosing the colt?” 6 And they spoke to them just as Jesus had commanded. So they let them go. 7 Then they brought the colt to Jesus and threw their clothes on it, and He sat on it. 8 And many spread their clothes on the road, and others cut down leafy branches from the trees and spread them on the road. 9 Then those who went before and those who followed cried out, saying: “Hosanna! Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’ 10 Blessed is the kingdom of our father David That comes in the name of the Lord! Hosanna in the highest!”11 And Jesus went into Jerusalem and into the temple. So when He had looked around at all things, as the hour was already late, He went out to Bethany with the twelve.
John 6:35 – And Jesus said to them, “I AM the BREAD OF LIFE. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.
- Give us this day (day by day) our DAILY BREAD. (Jesus) – Lord’s prayer
- Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every WORD that comes from God. (JESUS)
- The living Word – Jesus
- As we come to know God – He is revealed through His names! Jesus is God!
The “I AM’S of Christ
- The revelation of Christ through his “I AM’S”
- Last week – “I AM THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD”
- Other I AM’S in the book of John – (lets people know 7 times in John – I am something…. I am YWEH – not just another guy – I’m God)– I am the bread of life; I am the way, the truth, and the life; I am the door; I am the Good Shepherd; I am the vine; I am the light of the world; I am the resurrection and the life; …I am God!
The GREAT I AM
- The Lord revealed himself to Moses as “I AM”!
- Exodus 3 – The Lord revealed himself to Moses in a flame of fire in the midst of a bush in the wilderness… Moreover He said, “I am the God of your father—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.”… 13 Then Moses said to God, “Indeed, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they say to me, ‘What is His name?’ what shall I say to them?”14 And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ” 15 Moreover God said to Moses, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel: ‘The Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you. This is My name forever, and this is My memorial to all generations.’
“I AM THE BREAD OF LIFE!”
- Jesus said, “I am the LIVING BREAD”
BREAD – MAIN THING – essential/vItal part – not an extra or afterthought…. We can do without a lot of things – gotta have Jesus – that’s the main thing! Keep Jesus at the center of our homes!
- Direction – man to eat bread by the sweat
- God promises to bless our bread & water
- Jesus broke bread – Last supper…
- The church broke bread from house to house
- Heavenly bread sent from God
- Manna – came down — food for around a million or several million people, for every day, for 40 years (14,600 days)!
- That averages out to around 21 million, 900 tons or 43 billion 300 million lbs. (with no bakeries, no trains or trucks to bring it in…
- Living bread
- Fresh bread – dependence on Him a day at a time
- Don’t just live on past experience
- Multiplication of bread
- Know not only what He has done – but WHO HE IS!
- Sign? – Jesus was the sign…
Hunger & thirst
- Many are hungry – (don’t know for what – trying to satisfy with other things)
- Jesus is the one that can satisfy our hunger.
- Come to Jesus!
- Isaiah 55 – (come to Jesus, don’t waste your life on things that are not bread (life-giving). . God is the source of the supply of bread for the eater
- Revelation 22 – (He wants to bless our bread & water – bring satisfaction, healing, & the supply of all of our needs)
- Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be FILLED (Jesus)