His light dwells in us, and He wants it to shine through us.
- Illustration: – Fishermen – using light to attract fish – let’s continue to lift up Jesus, Light of the Word. He said, “If I be lifted up, I will draw all men unto me”
- Illustration: –When driving, lights are very important! You need to see well to be able to avoid accidents. Just imagine, if you were driving at a high speed and the lights went out on your car. You would be heading toward a dreadful disaster very quickly.
- Light is very important in life! Today we continue to consider what the Bible has to say about the light of God.
- Jesus said, “I am the LIGHT of the world. If you follow me, you won’t walk in darkness, but will have the LIGHT of life.”
- The Word gave life to everything that was created, and His life brought LIGHT to everyone.
- Jesus is the true LIGHT, who gives LIGHT to everyone coming into the world.
- John 3:16 – (God loves the world… He gave Jesus to come into the world and bring the gospel light of salvation).
- God is light! In Him is no darkness at all!
- Jesus is the LIGHT of the world! Let’s let His light shine to the world!
- His light keeps us from stumbling & falling.
- Light helps reveal God’s creative beauty.
THE GOSPEL LIGHT
- The good news Jesus came to bring is light to the world is that whoever believes in Him will not abide in darkness, or perish…
- If we walk in His light we have fellowship with one another & are cleansed from sin.
- Jesus coming is the prophetic fulfillment of the LIGHT of God being proclaimed to the world.
- God who commanded the light to shine out of darkness has shined in our hearts. (He is not only the source of light but will be our light in heaven forever (7 times brighter than the sun!)
ANGELS AND A BRIGHT LIGHT ANNOUNCED JESUS BIRTH
- God’s glorious light revealed – announcing the coming of JESUS
- Jesus revealed himself to Paul by a blinding LIGHT – brighter than the sun
- His blindness was healed, and his missions call was to turn people “from darkness to light – from the power of Satan to God”.
- A prophetic fulfillment – of His brightness as the light, and garment becoming “white as the LIGHT”
GOD’S WORD IS LIGHT
- His Word is a lamp to our feet, and a LIGHT to our path.
- The entrance of His Words gives LIGHT!
- His Word is the source of wisdom – and wisdom excels foolishness as LIGHT excels darkness.
THE LORD IS MY LIGHT
- The Psalmist said, “The Lord is my LIGHT & my salvation”!
FAMILY OF LIGHT
- When we receive Jesus as our Savior – now we become sons/daughters of LIGHT.
- Our Heavenly Father is “the Father of LIGHTS”.
- We are to shine as LIGHTS in the world.
LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE
- Jesus commands us to let our LIGHT shine. His light dwells in us, and He wants it to shine through us…
- In the midst of the darkness of these days, as His church, we shine forth the LIGHT and glory of God.
- We should love the truth, and live according to the truth
- We should live righteous lives.
- Don’t keep fellowship with those who are unrighteous.
- Be loving.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO LET OUR LIGHT SHINE?
- Living by God’s Word
- Sharing God’s Word
- Being truthful (avoiding lies, deception, & hypocrisy)
- Loving the light
- Not walking in darkness
- Loving others
- Praising & glorifying the Lord
- Putting on the armor of light
- But the path of the just is as the SHINING LIGHT (shining sun), that shines more and more (shines ever brighter) unto the perfect day.
- JESUS IS THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD!
- LET’S LET HIS LIGHT SHINE TO THE WORLD!