The Lord is not late with His promise to return!
REVELATION 22:7 – “And behold, I am coming quickly. Blessed is the one who keeps the words of the prophecy of this book.”
REVELATION 22:12 – “Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to reward each one as his work deserves.
REVELATION 22:20 – …“Yes, I am coming quickly.”
REVELATION 3:11 – I am coming quickly; hold firmly to what you have, so that no one will take your crown.
Life goes by quickly time is short!
- 2 CORINTHIANS 6:2 – Behold, now is “a favorable time,” behold, now is “a day of salvation”
REVELATION 22:10-11 – 10 And he said to me, “Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near. 11 Let the one who does wrong still do wrong, and the one who is filthy still be filthy; and let the one who is righteous still practice righteousness, and the one who is holy still keep himself holy.”
OUR BLESSED HOPE – HIS RETURN IS SURE.
- TITUS 2:13 – looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus.
SIGNS OF HIS COMING AND THE END OF THE WORLD!
- MATTHEW 24 – …And what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world? 4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. 5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. 6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumors of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows. 7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows. 9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name’s sake. 10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. 11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. 12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. 13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
- …21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. 24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
- …29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
- 13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
The Dangers of the Last Days
- 2 Timothy 3:1-5 – …that in the last days there will be very difficult times. 2 For people will love only themselves and their money. They will be boastful and proud, scoffing at God, disobedient to their parents, and ungrateful. They will consider nothing sacred. 3 They will be unloving and unforgiving; they will slander others and have no self-control. They will be cruel and hate what is good. 4 They will betray their friends, be reckless, be puffed up with pride, and love pleasure rather than God. 5 They will act religious, but they will reject the power that could make them godly. Stay away from people like that!
There will be great tribulation!
Many will be deceived.
Their love for God will grow cold.
- Rejoicing with great joy – this is something to look forward to with “joy inexpressible”
MATTHEW 24:30 – 30 Then the sign announcing the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn over him. And they will see the Son of Man appearing in the clouds of heaven, revealed with mighty power, great splendor, and glory. 31 And he will send his messengers with the loud blast of the trumpet, and with a great voice they will gather his beloved chosen ones from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other!”
Live Always Ready for His Appearing!!!
- Matthew 24:36-44 – 36 “Concerning that day and exact hour, no one knows when it will arrive, not even the angels of heaven—only the Father knows. 37 For it will be like it was in the days of Noah when the Son of Man appears. 38 Before the flood, people lived their lives eating, drinking, marrying, and having children. 39 They didn’t realize the end was near until Noah entered the ark, and then suddenly, the flood came and took them all away in judgment. It will happen the same way when the Son of Man appears. 40 At that time, two men will be working on the farm; one will be taken away in judgment, the other left. 41 Two women will be grinding grain; one will be taken away in judgment, the other left. 43 “But realize this: If a homeowner had known what time of night the burglar would come to rob his house, he would have been alert and ready, and not let his house be robbed. 44 So always be ready, alert, and prepared, because at an hour when you’re not expecting him, the Son of Man will come.”
The Church needs to make herself ready for the marriage supper of the Lamb!
- EPHESIANS 5:25-27 – For he died for us, sacrificing himself 26 to make us holy and pure, cleansing us through the showering of the pure water of the Word of God. 27 All that he does in us is designed to make us a mature church for his pleasure, until we become a source of praise to him—glorious and radiant, beautiful and holy, without fault or flaw.
- REVELATION 19:7 – Let us rejoice and exalt Him and give Him glory because the wedding celebration of the Lamb has come. And His bride has made herself ready.
THE SAD FACT IS THAT SOME WILL NOT BE READY (Matthew 25)!
Our eternal rewards – what we can expect, our eternal home!!! (John 14:1-3)
- John 14:1-3 – “Don’t worry or surrender to your fear. For you’ve believed in God, now trust and believe in me also. 2 My Father’s house has many dwelling places. If it were otherwise, I would tell you plainly, because I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And when everything is ready, I will come back and take you to myself so that you will be where I am.
WHO IS COMING QUICKLY?
The great “I AM”!!!
2 Peter 3:9 – This means that, contrary to man’s perspective, the Lord is not late with his promise to return, as some measure lateness. But rather, his “delay” simply reveals his loving patience toward you, because he does not want any to perish but all to come to repentance.
When he comes He will judge the world in righteousness!!!
PSALM 96:14 – Before the Lord: for He cometh, for He cometh to judge the earth: He shall judge the world with righteousness, and the people with his truth.