Come to Jesus! He is the fountain of life!
INTRO: Water is essential to life. It makes up a large % of our world. The greatest % of our bodies is water! – When JESUS says He is the living water of life, He is revealing how essential He is to life!
LIFE –– JESUS is the source and sustainer of life! abundant life…
- …IN HIM (JESUS) WE LIVE AND MOVE AND HAVE OUR BEING… (Paul)
- In Him was LIFE, and the LIFE was the light of men. (John 1:4)
- “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of LIFE.”
Story – Ponce de Leon – Fountain of Youth
- Ponce de León — A Spanish explorer who supposedly searching for the Fountain of Youth when he traveled to Florida (North America) in 1513.
- The Fountain of Youth was a legendary spring that would restore the youth of anyone who was able to drink or bathe in its waters.
- He spent a fortune and his life searching for something that wasn’t ever found…
- Some people are searching in the wrong places for the WATER OF LIFE!
(Ps. 103 / Isaiah 40) – The Lord our Creator is our source of life and strength. He is the one that can renew our youth!
John 4 (Story of Jesus and the Samaritan woman at the well)…
- Jesus reveals himself as the SOURCE OF LIVING WATER!
- He promised that the water He gives will become in us a FOUNTAIN of LIVING WATER springing up unto everlasting LIFE!
- JESUS is a FOUNTAIN OF LIVING WATER!
THIRSTING FOR GOD
- Psalmist – … my soul thirsts for the LIVING GOD!
- Jesus said, “If anyone THIRSTS, let him come to Me and drink…”
- When we believe in Jesus, out of our innermost being shall flow SPRINGS AND RIVERS OF LIVING WATER.
OTHER SCRIPTURES ABOUT FOUNTAINS & RIVERS OF LIVING WATERS
- In Revelation – “the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them and lead them to LIVING FOUNTAINS of WATERS.”
- In Jeremiah – “For My people have committed two evils: They have forsaken ME, the FOUNTAIN OF LIVING WATERS, And hewn themselves cisterns—broken cisterns that can hold NO WATER.
- In Jeremiah – O Lord, the hope of Israel, All who forsake You shall be ashamed. “Those who depart from Me Shall be written in the earth, Because they have forsaken the Lord, The FOUNTAIN OF LIVING WATERS.”
- In Psalm 68 & 87 – The singers went before, the players on instruments followed after; Among them were the maidens playing timbrels. 26 Bless God in the congregations, the Lord, from the FOUNTAIN of Israel… Both the singers and the players on instruments say, “All my SPRINGS are in you.”
- IN Joel – …A FOUNTAIN shall flow from the house of the Lord
- In Ezekiel – Water flowed out from the house of God
Jesus is the creator of fountains and springs (both naturally and spiritually)
In Isaiah and Ezekiel prophetically the supernatural WATER that comes from God is very important
Come to the waters – Isaiah 55 / Rev 22 – Drink of the water of life freely
Come to Jesus – He is the Fountain of Life
- Let’s come to Him, drink, and find our fulfillment and satisfaction in Him!
- In HIM we LIVE & move & have our being!