Be thankful to your mother!
Proverbs 31:10-31 – 10 Who can find a virtuous and capable wife? She is more precious than rubies. 11 Her husband can trust her, and she will greatly enrich his life. 12 She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life.
Kawikaan 31:10-31 – 10 Mahirap makakita ng mabuting asawa, higit sa mamahaling alahas ang kanyang halaga. 11 Lubos ang tiwala ng kanyang asawa, at saganang pakinabang ang makakamit niya. 12 Pinaglilingkuran niya ang asawa habang sila’y nabubuhay, pawang kabutihan ang ginagawa at di kasamaan.
Proverbs 31:10-31 13 She finds wool and flax and busily spins it. 14 She buys imported foods brought by ship from distant ports. 15 She gets up before dawn to prepare breakfast for her household and plans the day’s work for her servant girls. 16 She goes out to inspect a field and buys it; with her own hands she plants a vineyard. 17 She is energetic, a hard worker, 18 and watches for bargains. She works far into the night! 19-20 She sews for the poor and generously helps those in need. 21 She has no fear of winter for her household, for she has made warm clothes for all of them. 22 She also upholsters with finest tapestry; her own clothing is beautifully made—a purple gown of pure linen. 23 Her husband is well known, for he sits in the council chamber with the other civic leaders. 24 She makes belted linen garments to sell to the merchants. 25 She is a woman of strength and dignity and has no fear of old age. 26 When she speaks, her words are wise, and kindness is the rule for everything she says. 27 She watches carefully all that goes on throughout her household and is never lazy. 28 Her children stand and bless her; so does her husband. He praises her with these words: 29 “There are many fine women in the world, but you are the best of them all!” 30 Charm can be deceptive and beauty doesn’t last, but a woman who fears and reverences God shall be greatly praised. 31 Praise her for the many fine things she does. These good deeds of hers shall bring her honor and recognition from people of importance.
V. 11, 12, 23
- SHE IS TRUSTWORTHY AND DEVOTED
- SHE IS A GIVING PERSON
- SHE IS A WOMAN OF DILIGENCE AND WISDOM
V. 15, 21, 27
- SHE IS DEPENDABLE
“Man works from sun to sun, but woman’s work is never done.”
SHE IS A WOMAN WHO LOVES THE LORD!
2 TIMOTHY 1:5 – 5 I remember your genuine faith, for you share the faith that first filled your grandmother Lois and your mother, Eunice. And I know that same faith continues strong in you.
2 TIMOTHY 3:14, 15 – 14 But you must remain faithful to the things you have been taught. You know they are true, for you know you can trust those who taught you. 15 You have been taught the holy Scriptures from childhood, and they have given you the wisdom to receive the salvation that comes by trusting in Christ Jesus.
BIBLICAL EXAMPLES OF MOTHERS
- ISRAEL’S DELIVERANCE FROM EGYPT BEGAN WITH A WOMAN NAMED JOCHEBED, THE MOTHER OF MOSES, AARON, AND MIRIAM.
- THE STORY OF THE LION OF KING DAVID BEGAN WITH A WOMAN BY THE NAME OF RUTH
- THE MIRACULOUS PRESERVATION OF THE JEWS IN PERSIA WAS THE STORY OF A WOMAN NAMED ESTHER
- SAMUEL’S MOTHER – HANNAH – She was willing to sacrificially give her son to the Lord, and Samuel was used mightily in the service of the Lord at that time — he was one of the greatest judges of all time. (I Samuel 1)
- ELIZABETH THE MOTHER OF JOHN THE BAPTIST
- AND OUR SALVATION IN THE GOSPELS BEGINS WITH A YOUNG JEWISH WOMAN, A VIRGIN NAMED MARY. We honor and respect her – she was an amazing woman BUT we don’t worship her or pray to her!
STORIES OF GREAT CHRISTIANS
- SUSANNA WESLEY – MOTHER OF JOHN AND CHARLES WESLEY
- THE PRAYERS OF MOTHERS ARE POWERFUL
Present day examples
- Colleen – even with 5 children already, when she was pregnant with Teresa came to the PI on her first mission trip here.
- Margret – even with 10 children coming to the PI and laying down her life to reach people with the gospel here)
- Wives of pastors & mothers of Preachers’ kids—
- Nurses, Doctors, Teachers, etc.
- Mothers who are willing to stay home and take care of their families, not seeking fame and fortune, raising their families in the nurture and admonition of the Lord are to be saluted, and commended!
Our world is full of mothers, but we have only one mother who is special. Should be. Must always be. There is no one like our mothers. And no one can take the place of our mothers.
Proverbs 31:28 – “Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her.”