Let us exalt His name together!
PHILIPPIANS 2:9-11 – 9 Therefore, God elevated him to the place of highest honor and gave Him the NAME above all other names, 10 that at the NAME of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue declare that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
THE MEANING OF THE NAME OF JESUS
- MATTHEW 1:21-25 – And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins. 22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name Jesus. 24 Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife
- LUKE 2:21 – …His name was called Jesus, the name given by the angel before He was conceived in the womb.
- Savior; Messiah; Sacrificial Lamb of God…
Do all in The Name of JESUS!
COLOSSIANS 3:17 –And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
I. Salvation is only found in The Name of JESUS!
- COLOSSIANS 3:17 (KJV) – And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
- ACTS 4:12 (KJV) – Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
- You could call on all the names of the saints and all the names of the idols and it would not save you.
- Salvation is only found in the Name of Jesus.
- ROMANS 10:13 (KJV) – For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved
- JOHN 1:12 (KJV) – But as many as received him, to them gave the power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
- JOHN 20:31 (KJV) – But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through His name.
- JOEL 2:32 – But everyone who calls on the NAME of the Lord
will be saved…
- 1 JOHN 5:13 – I have written this to you who believe in the NAME of the Son of God, so that you may know you have eternal life.
II. We have power over the devil and demons in the Name of Jesus.
- LUKE 10:17-20 – And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name. 18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. 19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. 20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.
- MARK 16:17 – And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
- ACTS 16:18–This went on day after day until Paul got so exasperated that he turned and said to the demon within her, “I command you in the NAME of Jesus Christ to come out of her.” And instantly it left her.
- MARK 16:17 – These miraculous signs will accompany those who believe: They will cast out demons in MY NAME, and they will speak in new languages.
III. THERE IS HEALING IN THE NAME OF JESUS!
- JAMES 5:14-15 – Are any of you sick? You should call for the elders of the church to come and pray over you, anointing you with oil in the NAME of the Lord. 15 Such a prayer offered in faith will heal the sick, and the Lord will make you well. And if you have committed any sins, you will be forgiven.
- MARK 16:17-18 – …IN MY NAME… They will be able to place their hands on the sick, and they will be healed.”
- ACTS 4:30 – Stretch out your hand with healing power; may miraculous signs and wonders be done through the NAME of your holy servant Jesus.”
- ACTS 3:6-8 – But Peter said, “I don’t have any silver or gold for you. But I’ll give you what I have. In the NAME of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, get up and walk!” 7 Then Peter took the lame man by the right hand and helped him up. And as he did, the man’s feet and ankles were instantly healed and strengthened. 8 He jumped up, stood on his feet, and began to walk! Then, walking, leaping, and praising God, he went into the Temple with them.
- ACTS 4:7, 10 – 7 They brought in the two disciples and demanded, “By what power, or in whose name, have you done this?” 10 Let me clearly state to all of you and to all the people of Israel that he was healed by the powerful NAME of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, the man you crucified but whom God raised from the dead.
IV. Our prayers are only answered by the Father God in Jesus’ Name!!!
- JOHN 16:23-24 – 23 At that time you won’t need to ask me for anything. I tell you the truth, you will ask the Father directly, and he will grant your request because you use MY NAME 24 You haven’t done this before. Ask, using MY NAME, and you will receive, and you will have abundant joy.
THERE IS HELP IN THE NAME OF JESUS – Psalm 124:8
THERE IS PROTECTION IN THE NAME OF JESUS – Proverbs 18:10
THERE IS VICTORY IN THE NAME OF JESUS – Psalm 44:5
THE NAME OF THE LORD IS A STRONG TOWER – Proverbs 18:10
This name can be called upon at any time:
- Call Him when you are in trouble
- Call Him when you are sick
- Call Him when the marriage is shaky
- Call Him when you don’t have food on the table
- Call when the job is finished
There is no name like the name of Jesus.
This message shows the power of the name of Jesus in the early church and reminds us that that power has not faded.
Jesus still heals, He still saves and He is still on His throne.
The Name of Jesus can change your life.
What’s in the NAME? In the NAME of JESUS THERE IS:
DO YOU HAVE THIS IN YOUR LIFE?
TAKE THE NAME OF JESUS!!!
EXALT & LOVE HIS NAME
- PSALM 34:3 – Oh, magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together.
- PSALM 5:11 – let all those rejoice who put their trust in You… Let those also who love Your name be joyful in You.
- PSALM 69:36 – descendants of His servants shall inherit it, and those who love His name shall dwell in it.