Remember that God is able! He has the power to reach you wherever you are!
2 CORINTHIANS 9:8 – And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.
GOD is able to make all grace super abound in me.
- or DUNATOS in Greek:
- Meaning – powerful or capable, possible, power, strong.
- or PERISSEUO in GREEK:
- Meaning – superabound, superfluous, be in excess, to cause to superabound or excel, abundance, better, enough and to spare, exceed, excel, increase, be left, redound, remain, over and above.
GOD is able to make all grace super abound in me!
PSALMS 84:11 – For the Lord God is a Sun and Shield; the Lord bestows [present] grace and favor and [future] glory (honor, splendor, and heavenly bliss)! No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly.
Haggai 2:8 – The silver is Mine and the gold is Mine, says the Lord of hosts.
IS GOD REALLY ABLE???
EPHESIANS 3:20 – Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.
- We Serve an Awesome & Mighty God!
- GOD HAS THE POWER TO PERFORM!
- HE HAS THE POWER TO REACH YOU WHEREVER YOU ARE.
- HE IS ABLE!!
- PSALMS 139:7-10
PSALMS 139:7-10 – 7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? 8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. 9 If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; 10 Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
He has enough power to use to set you free!!
- JOHN 8:36 – So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.
- GALATIANS 5:1 – It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.
- ROMANS 6:22 – But now that you have been set free from sin and become slaves to God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life.
He has the power to fight against his and your enemies
- PSALMS 23:4 – Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
- 2 KINGS 6:15-17 – 15 When the servant of the man of God got up and went out early the next morning, an army with horses and chariots had surrounded the city. “Oh no, my lord! What shall we do?” the servant asked. 16 “Don’t be afraid,” the prophet answered. “Those who are with us are more than those who are with them.” 17 And Elisha prayed, “Open his eyes, Lord, so that he may see.” Then the Lord opened the servant’s eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.
- 2 CHRONICLES 20:30 – 20 Early in the morning they left for the Desert of Tekoa. As they set out, Jehoshaphat stood and said, “Listen to me, Judah and people of Jerusalem! Have faith in the Lord your God and you will be upheld; have faith in his prophets and you will be successful.” 21 After consulting the people, Jehoshaphat appointed men to sing to the Lord and to praise him for the splendor of his holiness as they went out at the head of the army, saying: “Give thanks to the Lord, for his love endures forever.” 22 At the very moment they began to sing and give praise, the Lord caused the armies of Ammon, Moab, and Mount Seir to start fighting among themselves. 23 The armies of Moab and Ammon turned against their allies from Mount Seir and killed every one of them. After they had destroyed the army of Seir, they began attacking each other…. 27 Then all the men returned to Jerusalem, with Jehoshaphat leading them, overjoyed that the Lord had given them victory over their enemies. 28 They marched into Jerusalem to the music of harps, lyres, and trumpets, and they proceeded to the Temple of the Lord. 29 When all the surrounding kingdoms heard that the Lord himself had fought against the enemies of Israel, the fear of God came over them. 30 So Jehoshaphat’s kingdom was at peace, for his God had given him rest on every side.
He has the power to pull down great stronghold like the wall of Jericho.
- JOSHUA 5:13-6 – …2 Then the Lord said to Joshua, “See, I have delivered Jericho into your hands, along with its king and its fighting men. …
GOD WAS ABLE TO DO WHAT WE ASKED HIM TO DO FOR US!
- GOD HAS THE NECESSARY SKILLS TO DO ANYTHING!
- HE WAS ABLE TO CREATE SOMETHING OUT OF NOTHING! Genesis 1:1
- HE WAS ABLE TO PUT A BARRIER BETWEEN THE EGYPTIANS AND THE ISRAELITES. Exodos 13:20
- HE WAS ABLE TO TURN BITTER WATER INTO SWEET WATER. Exodos 15:23
- HE WAS ABLE TO TURN WATER INTO WINE! John 2:1-5
- HE WAS ABLE TO BRING WATER FROM THE ROCK. Numbers 20:11
- HE WAS ABLE TO CAUSE THE ENEMY TO HEAR A FRIGHTENING NOISE AND RUN AWAY. Psalms 18:12-13
GOD WAS ABLE AND IS ABLE TO PROVIDE FOR OUR NEEDS!
- PHILIPPIANS 4:19
- God has an abundant source of supply that cannot finish
- Has a natural source of wealth
- He owned everything.
HE WAS AND IS ABLE TO BRING HEALING!!
- “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” — Isaiah 41:10
- “LORD my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me.” — Psalm 30:2
- “‘But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds,’ declares the LORD…” — Jeremiah 30:17
- “…You restored me to health and let me live. Surely it was for my benefit that I suffered such anguish. In your love you kept me from the pit of destruction; you have put all my sins behind your back.” — Isaiah 38:16-17
- “He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed.” — 1 Peter 2:24
- “He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.” — Psalm 147:3
- “Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved, for you are my praise.” — Jeremiah 17:14
MATTHEW 9:27-29 – 27 When Jesus departed from there, two blind men followed Him, crying out and saying, “Son of David, have mercy on us!” 28 And when He had come into the house, the blind men came to Him. And Jesus said to them, “Do you believe that I am able to do this?” They said to Him, “Yes, Lord.” 29 Then He touched their eyes, saying, “According to your faith let it be to you.”
HE IS ABLE TO HELP YOU THROUGH EVERY:
- STORM – He is able to help you through every storm, no matter how hard the wind is blowing, no matter how high the waves may be, or no matter how much water is filling your boat in life, God is able!
- GENESIS 18:14 – Is anything too hard for the Lord?…
- LUKE 1:37 – Nothing will be impossible with GOD!!
- MATTHEW 19:26, MARK 10:27, LUKE 18:27 – …with man this is impossible but with GOD all things are possible
- JEREMIAH 32:17 – …nothing is too hard for YOU!!
- What is God able to help you through, He’s able to help you through every storm.
- SORROW – What is God able to do, He’s able to help you through every sorrow you face in life, it may be a broken relationship, it might be the death of a loved one or some other disappointment. Don’t forget the words in Hebrews 4:15, that we have a High Priest who is able to sympathize with us. What is God able to do, He is able to help us with every sorrow, let us go boldly to the throne of grace!
- REVELATION 21:4 – He will wipe away every tear from their eyes…
- PSALMS 30:5 – …weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes in the morning
- 1 PETER 5:7 – Casting all your cares on Him, because He cares for you.
- PROVERBS 10:22 – The blessing of the Lord makes rich, and He adds no sorrow with it.
- 2 CORINTHIANS 1:3-4 – …the Father of mercies and God of all comfort…
- SITUATION – What is God able to do, He’s able to help you through every difficulty, decision, or when you don’t know what to do. Remember what it say’s in Mark 10:27, “with God all things are possible”. What is God able to do, He’s able to help you through every situation.
- GOD IS ABLE TO RESTORE US WHEN BACKSLIDDEN
- PSALM 23:3 – He restores my soul…
- ROMANS 11:23 – And they also, if they do not continue in unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.
GOD IS ABLE makes us stand when weak
- ROMANS 14:4 – Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.
GOD IS ABLE TO PERFORM/FULFILL HIS PROMISES!
- ROMANS 4:21 – and being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform.
GOD IS ABLE TO KEEP US FROM FALLING
- JUDE 1:24A – Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling,
GOD IS ABLE TO DELIVER US!
- DANIEL 3:17 – If that is the case, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and He will deliver us from your hand, O king.
- 2 CORINTHIANS 1:10 – who delivered us from so great a death, and does deliver us; in whom we trust that He will still deliver us, As we go through life living it out day by day we ultimately will face many troubles, hardships, trials, and tribulations.
“Is God able?”
- GOD IS ABLE!
JEREMIAH 32:17 – Ah Lord GOD! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee:
Examples that God is able:
- David with Goliath
- Daniel (Daniel 3:17)
- Sun stands still for a day.
- Parted the Red Sea
- Caused a virgin to give birth
- Died on the cross
- Saved you and I
When the battles of life close in around you and you feel surrounded, where do you turn? Let this message be your strength and support, remembering God is by your side, surrounding you, and fighting for you.
God calls us to open our eyes and look beyond the things of this world to see him at work. He and the great company of heaven are at work in our world today, surrounding you and fighting for you.
What are you facing in your life?
Remember God IS able!
TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!!