He is our Faithful and True God!
REVELATION 19:11 – Then I saw heaven opened and a white horse standing there; and the one sitting on the horse was named Faithful and True—the one who justly punishes and makes war.
REVELATION 21:5 TLB – And the one sitting on the throne said, “See, I am making all things new!” And then he said to me, “Write this down, for what I tell you is trustworthy and true:
REVELATION 21:5 KJV – And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
JESUS IS FAITHFUL
- DEUTERONOMY 7:9 – Understand, therefore, that the Lord your God is indeed God. He is the faithful God who keeps his covenant for a thousand generations and lavishes his unfailing love on those who love him and obey his commands.
- I CORINTHIANS 1:9 – God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.
- 1 CORINTHIANS 10:13 – There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
- 1 THESSALONIANS 5:23-25 –23 Now may the God of peace make you holy in every way, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ comes again. 24 God will make this happen, for He who calls you is faithful.
- 2 THESSALONIANS 3:1-3 – Finally, dear brothers and sisters, we ask you to pray for us. Pray that the Lord’s message will spread rapidly and be honored wherever it goes, just as when it came to you. 2 Pray, too, that we will be rescued from wicked and evil people, for not everyone is a believer. 3 But the Lord is faithful; he will strengthen you and guard you from the evil one.
REVELATION 3:14 – “And to the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write, ‘These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God:
- HE IS FIRM AND FAITHFUL
- HE IS THE GOD WHO NEVER CHANGES (MALACHI 3:6; HEBREWS 13:8; JAMES 1:17)
- HE IS THE GOD WHO NEVER FAILS.
- HE HAS ALWAYS BEEN, AND WILL EVER BE, THE GREAT “I AM”
GOD IS FAITHFUL
- The word “Faithful” in the New Testament refers to “One who is trustworthy, it speaks of “one Who keeps all His promises,”
- In the Old Testament, it speaks of “firmness, steadfastness, and steadiness.”
- To be faithful to something is to be devoted to it, dedicated, committed, and loyal.
- To be faithful means to be trustworthy and reliable.
JESUS WAS FAITHFUL UNTO DEATH FOR US!!!
- MARK 14:22-26 – 22 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, blessed and broke it, and gave it to them and said, “Take, eat; this is My body.” 23 Then He took the cup, and when He had given thanks He gave it to them, and they all drank from it. 24 And He said to them, “This is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many. 25 Assuredly, I say to you, I will no longer drink of the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new in the kingdom of God.” 26 And when they had sung a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives.
HE IS ALWAYS FAITHFUL TO HIS PROMISES!
- (Because “God is faithful and true,” He can be trusted to do what He says He will do.)
- 2 CORINTHIANS 1:20 – For all of God’s promises find their “yes” of fulfillment in him. And as his “yes” and our “amen” ascend to God, we bring him glory!
- HEBREWS 10:23, 35, 36 – 23 So now wrap your heart tightly around the hope that lives within us, knowing that God always keeps his promises! 35 So don’t lose your bold, courageous faith, for you are destined for a great reward! 36 You need the strength of endurance to reveal the poetry of God’s will and then you receive the promise in full.
- ROMANS 4:20-21 – He never stopped believing God’s promise, for he was made strong in his faith to father a child. And because he was mighty in faith and convinced that God had all the power needed to fulfill his promises, Abraham glorified God!
God will stand by His Word!
- PSALM 138:2 – I bow before your holy Temple as I worship. I praise your name for your unfailing love and faithfulness; for your promises are backed by all the honor of your name.
- He is not like us, humans. We make our promises and we cannot always stand behind them. God is not like us at all! What He says He will do, He will do, because He cannot lie.
- NUMBERS 23:19 – “God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?”
- HEBREWS 6:13-20 – 13 For example, there was God’s promise to Abraham. Since there was no one greater to swear by, God took an oath in his own name, saying: 14 “I will certainly bless you, and I will multiply your descendants beyond number.” 15 Then Abraham waited patiently, and he received what God had promised. 16 Now when people take an oath, they call on someone greater than themselves to hold them to it. And without any question that oath is binding. 17 God also bound himself with an oath, so that those who received the promise could be perfectly sure that he would never change his mind. 18 So God has given both his promise and his oath. These two things are unchangeable because it is impossible for God to lie. Therefore, we who have fled to him for refuge can have great confidence as we hold to the hope that lies before us. 19 This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls. It leads us through the curtain into God’s inner sanctuary. 20 Jesus has already gone in there for us. He has become our eternal High Priest in the order of Melchizedek.
WHAT ARE SOME PROMISES THAT YOU ARE STANDING ON?
- He will save you if you will come to Jesus, Romans 10:9, 13; Acts 16:31.
- He will keep you and take you to Heaven when this life is over, John 6:37-40, 44.
- He will hear you when you call on Him, Jeremiah 33:3; Matthew 7:7-11.
- He will meet your needs here, Matthew 6:25-34; Philippians 4:19.
- He will give you grace sufficient for every trial, 2 Corinthians 12:9.
- He will give you His peace in the midst of every circumstance of life, Philippians 4:6-7.
- He will walk with you every step of the way to glory, Hebrews 13:5; Matthew 28:20.
GOD WILL KEEP EVERY PROMISE HE HAS EVER MADE!
JESUS CAN NOT AND WILL NOT LIE!!!
IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR GOD TO LIE BECAUSE GOD IS A GOD OF TRUTH!!!
GOD SAYS WHAT HE MEANS, AND MEANS WHAT HE SAYS!
JESUS IS NOT ONLY TRUE – HE IS FAITHFUL AND TRUE – GREAT IS HIS FAITHFULNESS!
- LAMENTATIONS 3:22-23 – 22 The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. 23 Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning.
HIS FAITHFULNESS IS UNLIMITED
- PSALMS 36:5 – Your unfailing love, O Lord, is as vast as the heavens; your faithfulness reaches beyond the clouds.
HIS FAITHFULNESS IS UNFAILING
- PSALMS 89:33 – “Nevertheless my lovingkindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail,”
HIS FAITHFULNESS IS ABOUNDING
- LAMENTATIONS 3:22-23 – 22 Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. 23 They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness.
The Faithfulness of Jesus is All We Need
- Our salvation was not based on our faithfulness but on the faithfulness of the Redeemer Himself – Jesus Christ.
REGARDLESS OF WHAT HAPPENS IN LIFE, “God is faithful!”
- Friends will fail, but God is faithful
- The family will fail, but God is faithful
- Funds will fail, but God is faithful
- Feelings will fail, but God is faithful
GOD WANTS US TO BE FAITHFUL
- 2 Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful. 1 CORINTHIANS 4:2
- be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life. REVELATION 2:10
Faithful…. full of faith in God.
- HEBREWS 10:23 – let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering; for he who promised is faithful.
- I CORINTHIANS 10:12-13 – Therefore let him who thinks he stands be careful that he doesn’t fall. No temptation has taken you except what is common to man. God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted above what you are able, but will with the temptation also make the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it
- DEUTERONOMY 5:32-33 – Ye shall observe to do therefore as the Lord your God hath commanded you: ye shall not turn aside to the right hand or to the left. Ye shall walk in all the ways which the Lord your God hath commanded you, that ye may live, and that it may be well with you, and that ye may prolong your days in the land which ye shall possess.
- II TIMOTHY 2:11-13 – This saying is trustworthy: “For if we died with him, we will also live with him. If we endure, we will also reign with him. If we deny him, he also will deny us. If we are faithless, he remains faithful. He can’t deny himself.”
- PROVERBS 28:20 – A faithful man is rich with blessings; but one who is eager to be rich will not go unpunished.
- GALATIANS 5:1 – Stand firm therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and don’t be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
Are there things in your life that you are loyal to that might take away from your faithfulness to God as opposed to strengthen it? What are those things?
Are there some things that you might be loyal to here on Earth that are distracting you from being loyal to God, faithful to God?
If so, what can you do to reset that compass to make sure that you’re devoted to the true north which is God?
God calls us to be faithful, first and foremost, to Him. God wants us to be devoted to Him, loyal to Him, and committed to Him.
Even in extreme cases, God was faithful. He will be faithful to us! Rest in Him. Trust Him. Serve Him. Believe Him. He is Who He claims to be, and He will do all that He has promised to do.
He is The Faithful and True God!