For whatever is born of God overcomes the world… 1 John 5:4
JOHN 16:33 – “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world, you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
- The word of Jesus brings peace and good cheer!
- Tribulation and trouble are unavoidable.
- The good news is Jesus has overcome!
I. HOW DID JESUS OVERCOME SATAN?
- At The Cross – Satan was also defeated by Jesus at the cross. Shortly before His death, Jesus said: the ruler of this world has been judged (John 16:11).
- Resurrection – Not only did Jesus give His life for the sins of the world, but He also rose from the dead-breaking Satan’s power over fallen humanity.
- HEBREWS 2:14-15 – Because God’s children are human beings—made of flesh and blood—the Son also became flesh and blood. For only as a human being could he die, and only by dying could he break the power of the devil, who had the power of death. Only in this way could he set free all who have lived their lives as slaves to the fear of dying.
- 1 CORINTHIANS 15:55-57 – Then, when our dying bodies have been transformed into bodies that will never die, this Scripture will be fulfilled: “Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting? ” For sin is the sting that results in death, and the law gives sin its power. But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ.
- 1 JOHN 3:18 – But when people keep on sinning, it shows that they belong to the devil, who has been sinning since the beginning. But the Son of God came to destroy the works of the devil.
- Second Coming – When Christ comes again, He will have Satan bound and placed into the pit.
- REVELATION 20:1,2 – And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand. And he laid hold on the dragon, the old serpent, which is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years
- The Lake Of Fire – The Ultimate Judgment – Eventually, Satan will be cast into the lake of fire, marking the final end to his inglorious career.
- REVELATION 20:10 – And the Devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and sulfur, where are also the beast and the false prophet; and they shall be tormented day and night forever and ever
- Lives Of Believers – Finally, Jesus has defeated Satan through the lives of those who have believed in Him.
- COLOSSIANS 1:13 – Who delivered us out of the power of darkness, and translated us into the kingdom of the Son of His love
- He won the Victory that’s why Jesus is forever VICTORIOUS.
- REVELATION 1:18 – I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.
JESUS CONQUERED DEATH – No one can conquer death no human power can conquer death but praise God He overcame it. You can be VICTORIOUS because He is alive and He dwells in us. It means His power and His ability dwell in us.
II. JESUS HAS ALREADY WON AGAINST SATAN WITH HIS HELP SO THAT WE CAN SUCCEED
- The battle is on us our adversary is satan
- REVELATION 12:12 – Therefore rejoice, you heavens and you who dwell in them! But woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has gone down to you! He is filled with fury, because he knows that his time is short.
- The Devil came to us with his fury. Intense anger; rage; fury
any action carried out in great anger for punishment or vengeance. A strong desire to pursue violence. That’s his plan for our life.
- JOHN 10:10 – A thief has only one thing in mind—he wants to steal, slaughter, and destroy. But I have come to give you everything in abundance, more than you expect —life in its fullness until you overflow!
- HIS PLAN FOR US IS TO DESTROY US, KILL US, AND SLAUGHTER US.
- HOW DID HE DO THIS?
- To deceive us into a wrong doctrine.
- To poison our minds with wrong thoughts. Mind is a battlefield.
- To poison our emotions. He wants us to stay emotional Bitterness. Unforgiveness, pride bad attitudes.
GOD HELP US IN OUR WEAKNESS
- ROMANS 8:28 – In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.
- ISAIAH 40:29 – He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.
HE EMPOWERS US TO OVERCOME TEMPTATION
- 1 CORINTHIANS 10:13 – No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.
- JAMES 4:7 – Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
WE SHOULD LOVE JESUS MORE THAN LUST OR SIN
- JOHN 14:15 – If you love Me, keep My commandments.
HE EMPOWERS US TO OVERCOME PRIDE
- PROVERBS 16:18 – Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.
- PROVERBS 18:12 – Before a downfall the heart is haughty, but humility comes before honor
- JAMES 4:10 – Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.
WE CAN OVERCOME FEAR
- PSALMS 46:1-2 – God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. So we will not fear when earthquakes come and the mountains crumble into the sea.
- 2 TIMOTHY 1:7 – For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.
WE CAN OVERCOME ANGER
- EPHESIANS 4:31-32 – Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of evil behavior. Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.
WE CAN OVERCOME WORRY AND ANXIETY DEPRESSION
- PHILIPPIANS 4:6-7 – Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
- JOHN 14:1 – “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me.
III. WE CAN WIN OVER SATAN
- 1 JOHN 3:8 – “The Son of God appeared to destroy the works of the devil.”
- HEBREWS 2:14: “Christ took on human nature that through death he might destroy him who has the power of death, that is, the devil.
- WE CAN WIN THROUGH FAITH
- 1 JOHN 5:4-5 – For every child of God defeats this evil world, and we achieve this victory through our faith. And who can win this battle against the world? Only those who believe that Jesus is the Son of God.
- REMEMBER THAT GOD IS FOR US
- ROMANS 8:31 – What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us?
- WE CAN WIN BY SPEAKING THE WORDS OF GOD
- PROVERBS 18:21 – The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.
- Speak words of faith
- KNOWING WHO YOU ARE IN CHRIST
- You are a child of God
- You are loved!
- You are blessed with all spiritual blessings!
- You are redeemed by the blood of the lamp!
- You are forgiven!
- You are victorious through Christ!
- You are wonderfully made!
CONCLUSION: REWARD OF THE OVERCOMERS
- REVELATION 3:21 – To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.
- REVELATION 3:12 – He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name.
- REVELATION 2:17 – “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat. And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it.” ’
- REVELATION 21:7 – He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son.