He is the source of lasting peace!
EPHESIANS 2:14-17 – 14 For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, 15 having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace, 17 And He came and preached peace to you who were afar off and to those who were near
ISAIAH 9:6 – For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
JOHN 14:27 – Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid
- We can find peace in our relationship with Him if we know Him by faith!
LUKE 7:50 – Then He said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you. Go in peace.”
COLOSSIANS 1:20 – And by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross.
ROMANS 5:1 – Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,
- We can have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We can have peace through His words, for in His words we find hope and assurance.
JOHN 16:33 – These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”
1 THESSALONIANS 4:16-17 – For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.
- We can have peace and comfort through His Holy Spirit!
PHILIPPIANS 4:7 – And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
- PSALM 34:14 – Depart from evil and do good;
- Seek peace and pursue it.
- JOB 22:21 – “Submit to God, and you will have peace; then things will go well for you.
- (getting acquainted with the Lord brings Peace)
COVENANT OF PEACE
- NUMBERS 25:12 – Now tell him that I am making my special covenant of peace with him.
- ISAIAH 54:10 – For the mountains shall depart And the hills be removed, But My kindness shall not depart from you, Nor shall My covenant of peace be removed,” Says the Lord, who has mercy on you.
- EZEKIEL 34:25 – I will make a covenant of peace with them, and cause wild beasts to cease from the land; and they will dwell safely in the wilderness and sleep in the woods.
PEACE IN THE MIDST OF THE BATTLE
- Psalm 55:18 – He has redeemed my soul in peace from the battle that was against me,
For there were many against me.
PEACE IN THE MIDST OF THE STORM
- MARK 4:39 – Then He arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, “Peace, be still!” And the wind ceased and there was a great calm.
- He can give us calm in the midst of the storms of our life that no other can.
PEACE CAN BE HINDERED
- BY TROUBLED AND FEARFUL HEART!
- JOHN 14:1 – “Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.
- JOHN 14:27 – …let not your heart be trouble, neither let it be afraid
BY WORRIES AND ANXIETY (Silent Robbers)
- Worry and anxiety are like robbers, they rob our joy, peace, energy, strength, and purpose!
- Worry can rob us of years of life!
- When you worry, which do you worry about…what might happen or what might not happen?
An average person’s anxiety is focused on:
- 40% – things that will never happen
- 30% – things about the past that can’t be changed
- 12% – things about criticism by others, mostly untrue
- 10% – about health, which gets worse with stress
- 8% – about real problems that will be faced.
A John Hopkins University doctor says, “We do not know why it is that worriers die sooner than the non-worriers, but that is a fact
GIVE ALL YOUR WORRIES AND PROBLEMS TO GOD! (PHILIPPIANS 4:6-7; 1 PETER 5:7)
TRUST GOD! (PROVERBS 3:5-6; PSALM 37:3-4)
JESUS IS OUR PEACE!!!
- HE IS THE SOURCE OF LASTING PEACE.
- WE CAN EXPERIENCE PEACE IN THE MIDST OF STORMS, BATTLES, AND ADVERSE CIRCUMSTANCES…
- WE CAN OVERCOME WORRY, ANXIETY, FEAR, AND EXPERIENCE PEACE.
2 THESSALONIANS 3:16 – Now may the Lord of peace himself give you his peace at all times and in every situation. The Lord be with you all.