Let God’s peace rule in your hearts!
PHILIPPIANS 4:1 – Therefore, my beloved brothers and sisters, whom I long to see, my joy and crown, stand firm in the Lord in this way, my beloved.
1 CORINTHIANS 16:13 – BE ON THE ALERT. STAND FIRM IN THE FAITH. BE MEN OF COURAGE. BE STRONG.
PHILIPPIANS 1:27 – Nevertheless, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then, whether I come and see you or only hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in one spirit, contending side by side for the faith of the gospel
- A STATE OF HARMONY, TRANQUILITY
- THE ABSENCE OF OF HOSTILITY, THE ABSENCE OF MENTAL STRESS, OR ANXIETY
IN THE BIBLE, THE WORD PEACE IS USED TO TRANSLATE…
A. SHALOM (Hebrew)
- COMPLETENESS, SOUNDNESS, WELFARE, PEACE
- (BDB Hebrew Dictionary)
B. EIRENE (Greek)
- often refers to the inner tranquility and poise of the Christian whose trust is in God through Christ
- (Nelson’s New Illustrated Bible Dictionary)
PEACE WITH GOD WITHOUT GOD, NO TRUE PEACE IS POSSIBLE…
- He is the God of peace – Romans 15:33; Philippians 4:9; 1 Thessalonians 5:23
- He offers perfect peace – Isaiah 26:3; 48:18
- THE WAY OF CHRIST IS TRULY THE WAY OF PEACE!
- TO HAVE PEACE ONE MUST WALK WITH CHRIST DAILY!
- EPHESIANS 5:18 – “See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools BUT AS WISE, redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be UNWISE, but UNDERSTAND what the WILL of the Lord is. And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be FILLED [controlled] with the Spirit.”
- GALATIANS 5:16 –“I say then: Walk [live] in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.”
- GALATIANS 5:22-25 – “But the fruit of the Spirit IS love, joy, PEACE, longsuffering, kindness, goodness,, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such, there is no law. And those who are Christ’s have CRUCIFIED the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live [ARE BORN AGAIN] in the Spirit, let us also walk [live] in the Spirit.” (Galatians 5:22-25, NKJV)
TRUE PEACE COMES FROM JESUS!
WORLDLY PEACE VS. GODLY PEACE
- WORLDLY – This is a peace of dreaming of…
- Avoiding troubles
- Refusing to face things
- sought through pleasure
- The absence of trouble
- Positive thinking
- The denial of problems
- GODLY – a peace deep within.
- It is a tranquility of mind
- A composure
- A peace that is calm in the face of bad circumstances and situation
- It is more than feelings – even more than attitude and though
JESUS IS THE WAY OF PEACE!
1.BY JUSTIFICATION (BY ACCEPTING CHRIST AS SAVIOR)
- “Therefore, having been justified BY FAITH, we have PEACE with God THROUGH our Lord Jesus Christ.” (Romans 5:1, NKJV)
- We can find peace in our relationship with Him.
2.BY LOVING GOD’S WORD
- “GREAT PEACE has those who LOVE Your Law, and nothing causes them to stumble. LORD, I hope for Your salvation, and I DO Your COMMANDMENTS. My Soul KEEPS Your testimonies, and I love them exceedingly. I KEEP Your precepts and Your testimonies, for all my ways are BEFORE You.” (Psalm 119: 165-168 )
- “These things I have spoken to you, THAT IN ME you may have PEACE. In the world you will have tribulation; but BE OF GOOD CHEER, I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33, NKJV)
3.BY PRAYING ABOUT EVERYTHING!
- “Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with THANKSGIVING, LET your requests be known unto God; and the PEACE OF GOD which surpasses all understanding. WILL guard your hearts and minds THROUGH Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:6-7)
4.BY BEING SPIRITUALLY MINDED
- “For to be carnally minded is death; but to be SPIRITUALLY MINDED IS LIFE AND PEACE.” (Romans 8:6 KJV)
5.BY KEEPING HIS MIND UPON GOD
- “You will KEEP him in perfect PEACE, whose MIND is stayed upon You, because he trusts in You. Trust in the LORD forever, for YAH, the Lord is everlasting strength.” (Isaiah 26:3-4, NKJV)
- “Finally, brethren, WHATEVER things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God OF PEACE will be with you.” (Philippians 4:8-9, NKJV)
6.BY KEEPING GOD’S COMMANDMENTS
- ” ‘ Come near to Me, hear this: I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, I was there. And now the Lord God and HIS SPIRIT HAVE SENT ME.’ Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: ‘I am the Lord your God, who teaches you to profit, who leads you by the WAY YOU SHOULD GO. Oh, that you had heeded My commandments! Then your PEACE would have been like a river, and your righteousness like the waves of the sea’.” (Isaiah 48: 16-18, NKJV)
- “The things which you have learned and received and heard and saw in me, THESE DO, and the God of PEACE will be with you.” (Philippians 4:9, NKJV)
7. BY LOVING THE BRETHREN
- “Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord:” (Hebrews 12:14, NKJV)
ONCE WE HAVE PEACE WITH GOD, OTHER FORMS OF PEACE ARE POSSIBLE.
BY OBEYING HIS WORD AND BEING FERVENT IN PRAYER JESUS OFFERS US THE TRUE ANTIDOTE TO ANXIETY AND WORRY!!!
JESUS HELPS US TO HAVE…
- Peace with God
- Peace with self
- Peace with others
The Way Of Christ invites you to follow Jesus as He leads you to the way of peace…
LET GOD’S PEACE RULE IN YOUR HEARTS!!!
COLOSSIANS 3:15 – And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful.
2 THESSALONIANS 3:16 – Now may the Lord of peace himself give you his peace at all times and in every situation. The Lord be with you all.