It is the power of the BLOOD that does ALL this great thing!
PART 1 (Review)
1 PETER 1:19 – but with the PRECIOUS BLOOD OF JESUS, a lamb without blemish or defect.
HEBREWS 9:7, 12 – 7 But only the high priest entered the inner room, and that only once a year, and never without blood, which he offered for himself and for the sins the people had committed in ignorance. 12 He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves; but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by His own blood, thus obtaining eternal redemption.
LEVITICUS 17:11, 14 – 11 For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one’s life. 14 because the life of every creature is its blood. That is why I have said to the Israelites, “You must not eat the blood of any creature, because the life of every creature is its blood; anyone who eats it must be cut off.”
ROMANS 6:23 – For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
HEBREWS 9:7, 9, 25 – But only the high priest entered the inner room, and that only once a year, and never without blood, which he offered for himself and for the sins the people had committed in ignorance. 9 This is an illustration for the present time, indicating that the gifts and sacrifices being offered were not able to clear the conscience of the worshiper. 25 Nor did he enter heaven to offer himself again and again, the way the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood that is not his own.
HEBREWS 9:4 – It is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.
HEBREWS 9:14 – How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God!
HEBREWS 9:12 – He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves; but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, thus obtaining eternal redemption.
God will accept nothing but the Precious Blood of His Only Begotten Son, the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for the Atonement of our sins.
JESUS – The lamb Slain From the Foundation of the World!
- JESUS shed His BLOOD – so we can do the will of God (Luke 22:44)
- JESUS shed His BLOOD – So we can be healed in our bodies (Matthew 27:26; 1 Peter 2:24)
- JESUS shed His BLOOD – so we can have a sound mind (Matthew 27:29)
- JESUS shed His BLOOD – so we have clean hands and a pure heart
- JESUS shed His BLOOD – so we don’t have to sin (John 19:18)
- JESUS shed His BLOOD – so I can have a new heart (John 19:34)
WHAT DOES THE BLOOD DO?
- PROPITIATION – Romans 3:25
- JUSTIFICATION – Romans 5:9
- REDEMPTION – Ephesians 1:7; Colossians 2:13-15
- FORGIVENESS – Ephesians 2:13; 1 Peter 3:18
- RECONCILIATION – Colossians 1:19-20
BECAUSE OF THE SHED BLOOD:
- Eternal Life
- Our Fellowship restored
- We are redeemed
- It dissolves all of Satan’s legal rights of ownership
- It put God on man’s side against the Devil
1 John 1:8-10 – 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
SIN SEPARATES MAN FROM GOD
- Isaiah 59:1-2 – Behold, the Lord’s hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear: 2 But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.
- BEFORE WE CAN KNOW GOD’S POWER IN OUR LIVES SIN MUST BE PUT AWAY FROM BETWEEN GOD AND US!
- Hebrews 9:26 – … but now, once at the end of the ages, He has appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself.
The Blood of Jesus is a FULL payment for our sins.
- Romans 3:23-25 – 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, 25 to demonstrate His righteousness because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed,
- His blood cleanses us from ALL the guilt of sin!
- Isaiah 1:18 –“Come now, and let us reason together,” Says the Lord, “Though your sins are like scarlet, They shall be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson They shall be as wool.”
- I John 1:7 – …if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST His Son cleanses us from all sin.
- Revelation 1:5-6 – 5 To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood, 6and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.
- Everyone one of us has sinned – every one of us needs to be washed in the blood of Jesus!
Because of the Blood:
- No one can lay a charge to God’s elect!
- Romans 8:33 – Who shall bring a charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies.
- Romans 8:31 – … If God is for us, who can ever be against us?
- No condemnation to the saved in Christ
- Romans 8:1-2 – There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
- More than conquerors in Christ!
- Romans 8:37-39 – 37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Revelation 12:11 – And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.
- They overcame him (Satan) by the BLOOD OF THE LAMB…
The BLOOD cleanses us from DEAD WORKS!
- Hebrews 9:14 –how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
- Dead Works (Religious Works):
- Cleanses us from all self-works
- Cleanses us from all need to earn His forgiveness
- Cleanses us from all need to ever pay Him back for what He has done
- No penance is ever necessary
- No Lent ever necessary
- No amount of Fasting will ever make you more holy or righteous
- No amount of giving will ever make you more right than the Blood.
The BLOOD takes us into the Holy of Holies – into the very presence of God!
- Hebrews 10:19-20 – 19 Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus, 20 by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh,
The Blood gives us “boldness” – into the presence of Almighty God.
- We must remind ourselves daily of our position in Christ because of the blood!
- We must share the news that the blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin and sets us in the right position with Christ.
It is the power of the BLOOD that does ALL this great thing!