ISAIAH 8:10 – Call your councils of war, but they will be worthless. Develop your strategies, but they will not succeed. For God is with us!
- ISAIAH 7:7 – But this is what the Sovereign LORD says: “This invasion will never happen; it will never take place;
- THE LORD CHALLENGES ASSYRIA TO GET TOGETHER AND MAKE PLANS
- ISAIAH 8:10 – “Take counsel together [against Judah], but it shall come to nought;”
- PROVERBS 21:30 – There is no [human] wisdom or understanding or counsel [that can prevail] against the Lord.
- LAMENTATIONS 3:37 – Who is he who speaks and it comes to pass, if the Lord has not authorized and commanded it?
- THE LORD GUARANTEED ASSYRIA’S PLANS WILL FAIL BECAUSE GOD IS WITH JUDAH
- ISAIAH 8:10 – “speak the word, but it will not stand, for God is with us [Immanuel]!”
- ISAIAH 7:14 – Therefore the Lord Himself shall give you a sign: Behold, the young woman who is unmarried and a virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel [God with us]. (MATTHEW 1:22-23)
- 1 JOHN 4:4 – Little children, you are of God [you belong to Him] and have [already] defeated and overcome them [the agents of the antichrist], because He Who lives in you is greater (mightier) than he who is in the world.
- WE ARE ON THE VICTORY SIDE BECAUSE OF OUR FAITH!
- 1 CORINTHIANS 15:57 – But thanks be to God, Who gives us the victory [making us conquerors] through our Lord Jesus Christ
- 1 JOHN 5:4 – For whatever is born of God is victorious over the world; and this is the victory that conquers the world, even our faith.
ISAIAH 8:11 –The Lord has given me a strong warning not to think like everyone else does. He said,
- Don’t think like everyone else does!
- ROMANS 12:2 – Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.
ISAIAH 8:12 – “Don’t believe their every conspiracy rumor. And don’t fear what they fear—don’t be moved or terrified…
- Don’t believe their every conspiracy rumor.
- 2 SAMUEL 15:12 – While Absalom was offering the sacrifices, he sent for Ahithophel, one of David’s counselors who lived in Giloh. Soon many others also joined Absalom, and the conspiracy gained momentum.
- If you join a conspiracy, it will only grow worse.
ISAIAH 8:13 – Make the Lord of Heaven’s Armies holy in your life. He is the one you should fear. He is the one who should make you tremble.
- Don’t fear what they fear!
- MATTHEW 10:28 – And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.
- ISAIAH 41:10 – Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
- PSALM 27:1 – Of David. The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
- 2 TIMOTHY 1:7 – For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.
- FEAR AND TREMBLE ONLY IN THE LORD!
- Our fear as believers is of the Lord and ONLY of the Lord, because we recognize as the people of God that HE is our protector.
- That HE is the one who will keep us safe.
- He is the one who will provide for us and care for us and because of that, we have no need to fear our earthly circumstances.
- REVELATION 14:7 – “Fear God,” he shouted. “Give glory to him. For the time has come when he will sit as judge. Worship him who made the heavens, the earth, the sea, and all the springs of water.”
- REVELATION 15:4 – Who will not fear you, Lord, and glorify your name? For you alone are holy. All nations will come and worship before you, for your righteous deeds have been revealed.”
- EXODUS 20:18-20 – When the people heard the thunder and the loud blast of the ram’s horn, and when they saw the flashes of lightning and the smoke billowing from the mountain, they stood at a distance, trembling with fear. And they said to Moses, “You speak to us, and we will listen. But don’t let God speak directly to us, or we will die!” “Don’t be afraid,” Moses answered them, “for God has come in this way to test you, and so that your fear of him will keep you from sinning!”
ISAIAH 8:14 – He will keep you safe. But to Israel and Judah, he will be a stone that makes people stumble, a rock that makes them fall. And for the people of Jerusalem he will be a trap and a snare.
- HE IS A SANCTUARY
- THE LORD IS A SANCTUARY
- THE LORD IS ONE TO WHOM YOU CAN GO FOR PROTECTION, FOR HELP.
- PSALM 46
- HE IS THE ONE TO WHOM WE GO FOR COMFORT AND SECURITY
- THE LORD IS OUR SANCTUARY IF WE ARE HIS PEOPLE.
- FOR THOSE THAT HAVE FAITH IN THE LORD HE IS A SANCTUARY, BUT FOR THOSE WHO REJECT THE LORD, FOR THOSE WHO DON’T HEED TO HIS WORDS OF WARNINGS…
- THE LORD BECOMES A STUMBLING BLOCK.
- HE BECOMES A ROCK OF OFFENSE!
- IF YOU ARE NOT ONE OF THE PEOPLE OF GOD, THEN YOU ARE ONE OF THE ENEMIES OF GOD!
- They will stumble as a result of not having the fear of God and because of their faithlessness.”
- Even though our country seems to be facing a lot of fear and turmoil… “Don’t be afraid; don’t be terrified.”
- Instead, you are to recognize that the Lord has ALL authority. He doesn’t want you to put your fear in earthly people or things, but he wants you to respect and fear him.
- HE IS OUR SANCTUARY.
- HE IS OUR PLACE OF PROTECTION!
- Don’t believe everything That the media and everyone around you is saying.
- REMEMBER that God is still on the throne and knows what He is doing and trust Him to be your safe place and sanctuary.
He is a place of safety for those who fear Him!