“God didn’t say we would never have trouble, but that He would be with us in trouble!”
Psalm 46:1-2 – 1 God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble. 2 Therefore we will not fear, Even though the earth be removed, And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
- “GOD DIDN’T SAY WE WOULD NEVER HAVE TROUBLE, BUT THAT HE WOULD BE WITH US IN TROUBLE!”
- 1) Missing contact
- 2) Trip to the Philippines
Psalm 46:1-2 – (Job)
- 1) Missing key
- 2) Stoned and shipwrecked
REFUGE – (defined)
- IMMANUEL – “God with us!” – He will help us!
A time of GREAT TROUBLE – (Daniel 12:1-3)
- Difficult days – facing lots of TROUBLE!
- Psalm 91:14-16 – God is with us in our trouble
- (Review/Highlight) Isaiah 8:10-14 – He will keep us safe! He will help us! Think right! Don’t be forced into the world’s mold!
- Joseph and Mary – (Jesus born in Bethlehem Ephrathah)
Praise reports – (for what the Lord is doing)
- Light Brings Freedom reports – statistics
- Help in the midst of trouble
LAST OF THE LAST DAYS
- Warnings –
- Perilous Times
- Look to Jesus
- Be Valiant like David
- Don’t be forced into the world’s mold – take a stand
JESUS IS COMING
- Coming quickly
- 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10; 2:1-2 – Don’t be troubled or shaken – rest
- Vision – 1) Dark storm cloud 2) Glory cloud.
- Maintain clean hands and a pure heart!
- Trust in Him – God is a refuge (Psalm 46:7,11)
- The Lord of hosts is our refuge (Psalm 9:9)
- Flee to Jesus for comfort – lay hold on hope (Hebrews 6:18)
- Declare it – say it (Psalm 9) Jesus is our strength and refuge in the midst of the storms of life (Isaiah 25:4)