Fellowship with Him and with one another!
FELLOWSHIP WITH GOD
- Jesus died on the cross – it was about God loving us, and wanting FELLOWSHIP with His people. The barrier of separation because of sin was removed.
- Jesus restored man back to FELLOWSHIP with God– He can now have FELLOWSHIP with us and we can have it with Him because of Jesus’ loving sacrifice on the cross.
- We have been made in His image – we are made for FELLOWSHIP with God and with one another!
THE FEAR OF GOD 3A “Fellowship”
- MALACHI 3:16,17 – Then those who FEARED THE LORD [with awe-filled reverence]spoke (often) to one another, and the Lord listened (paid attention) and heard them… So a book of remembrance was written before Him for those who FEAR (that FEARED) THE LORD [with an attitude of reverence and respect] and who meditate (thought) on (esteem/had high regard/ honor) His name. “They shall be Mine,” says the Lord of hosts, “On the day that I make them MY JEWELS – and I will spare them as a man spares his own son who serves him.”
- HEBREWS 10:23-25 – 23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful. 24 And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, 25 NOT FORSAKING the ASSEMBLING of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so MUCH THE MORE as you see the Day approaching.
- I JOHN 1:7 – But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have FELLOWSHIP with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
Fellowship With Him And One Another
Fellowship With One Another And With Him
- I JOHN 1:3-7 – 3 that which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have FELLOWSHIP with us; and truly our FELLOWSHIP is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ. 4 And these things we write to you that your JOY may be full.5 This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have FELLOWSHIP with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have FELLOWSHIP with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
FELLOWSHIP WITH GOD
- I CORINTHIANS 1:9 – God is faithful, by whom you were called into the FELLOWSHIP of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
- PHILIPPIANS 3:10-11 – …that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the FELLOWSHIP of His sufferings…
AN INTIMATE RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD
- If you FEAR GOD, that’s the beginning of an intimate relationship with Him!
- PROVERBS 2:1-6 (Cont) – 4 If you seek her as silver, and search for her as for HID TREASURES; 5 Then shalt you understand the FEAR OF THE LORD, and find the knowledge of God.
- EPHESIANS 3:9-11 – and to make all see what is the FELLOWSHIP of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Jesus Christ; 10 to the intent that now the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places, 11 according to the ETERNAL PURPOSE which He accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord…
FELLOWSHIP WITH GOD BRINGS JOY AND SATISFACTION
- PSALM 63:1-5 – O God, You are my God; Early will I seek You; My soul thirsts for You; My flesh longs for You in a dry and thirsty land where there is no water. So I have looked for You in the sanctuary, to see Your power and Your glory. 3 Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, My lips shall praise You. 4 Thus I will bless You while I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name. 5 My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness, and my mouth shall praise You with JOYFUL lips.
- PSALM 5:11 – Let those also who love Your name BE JOYFUL in You.
- PSALM 16:11 – You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of JOY; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
- PSALM 27:6 – And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me; Therefore I will offer sacrifices of JOY in His tabernacle; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord.
- PSALM 122:1 – I was GLAD when they said to me, “Let us go into the house of the Lord.”
- PSALM 100:1-4 – Make a JOYFUL shout to the Lord, all you lands! 2 Serve the Lord with GLADNESS; come before His presence with singing. 3 Know that the Lord, He is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; We are His people and the sheep of His pasture. 4 Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, And into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.
- PSALM 51:12 – Restore to me the JOY of Your salvation, And uphold me by Your generous Spirit.
- ISAIAH 12:2-3 – Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; ‘For Yah, the Lord, is my strength and song; He also has become my salvation.’ ” 3 Therefore with JOY you will draw water from the wells of salvation.
- PSALM 89:15 – Blessed are the people who know the JOYFUL sound! They walk, O Lord, in the light of Your countenance.
- ISAIAH 31:10 / 51:11 – And the ransomed of the Lord shall return, and come to Zion with singing, With EVERLASTING JOY on their heads. They shall obtain JOY AND GLADNESS, And sorrow and sighing shall flee away.
- JEREMIAH 15:16 – Your words were found, and I ate them, And Your word was to me the JOY AND REJOICING of my heart; For I am called by Your name, O Lord God of hosts.
- JOHN 15:11 – “These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your JOY may be full.
- ISAIAH 51:3 – For the Lord will comfort Zion, He will comfort all her waste places; He will make her wilderness like Eden, And her desert like the garden of the Lord; Joy and gladness will be found in it, Thanksgiving and the voice of melody.
- LUKE 2:10 – Then the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of GREAT JOY which will be to all people.
- ROMANS 14:17 – for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and JOY IN THE HOLY SPIRIT.
- GALATIANS 5:22 – …but the fruit of the Spirit is love, JOY, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness…
- PSALM 149:2 – Let Israel REJOICE in their Maker; Let the children of Zion BE JOYFUL in their King.
GATHERING TO JESUS
- GENESIS 49:10 – …and unto Him (JESUS) shall the gathering of the people be.
- 2 THESSALONIANS 2:1-2 – …concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our GATHERING TOGETHER to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled…
- PSALM 102:15-16, 21-22 – So the nations shall FEAR THE name of the LORD, and all the kings of the earth Your glory. 16 For the Lord shall build up Zion; He shall appear in His glory. To declare the name of the Lord in Zion, and His praise in Jerusalem, 22 When the peoples are GATHERED TOGETHER, and the kingdoms, to serve the Lord.
- MATTHEW 23:37 – O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing!
- REVELATION 3:20 – Behold, I (JESUS)stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come into him and dine (sup; eat together; have dinner with; share a meal) with him, and he with Me.
- “FELLOWS – SHIP” (fellows in a ship)
- Companionship – company; company of equals; partners – helping; togetherness; friends – (getting along with each other); communion
FELLOWSHIP WITH ONE ANOTHER
- MATTHEW 18:20 – For where two or three are GATHERED TOGETHER in My name, I AM THERE in the midst of them.” “Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven.
EMMAUS ROAD FELLOWSHIP
- LUKE 24:15,32 – So it was, while they conversed (communed; talked; talked) and reasoned, that Jesus Himself drew near and went with them… And they said to one another, “Did not our heart burn within us while He talked with us on the road, and while He opened the Scriptures to us?”
Underground Church in China
Willing to travel many hours to gather
Willing to suffer persecution
Cherish the Word
Willing to undergo great hardships
Let’s not just be believers – but “belongers”
ACTS 2:42-43 – And they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and FELLOWSHIP, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers. 43 Then FEAR came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles.
I CORINTHIANS 15:58 – …my beloved brethren, BE STEADFAST, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.
REMEMBER THE SABBATH
- EXODUS 20:8 – “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.”
- LEVITICUS 19:30 – ‘You shall keep My Sabbaths AND REVERENCE My sanctuary: I am the Lord.
- LEVITICUS 23:39 – …on the first day there shall be a sabbath-rest, and on the eighth day a sabbath-rest.
- ISAIAH 58:13-14 – “If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath, from doing your pleasure on My holy day, and call the Sabbath a delight, the holy day of the Lord honorable, and shall honor Him, not doing your own ways, nor finding your own pleasure, nor speaking your own words, 14 Then you shall DELIGHT yourself in the Lord; and I will cause you to ride on the high hills of the earth, and feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father. The mouth of the Lord has spoken.”
PSALM 119:63 – I am a companion (friend) of all who FEAR YOU, and of those who keep Your precepts.
2 CORINTHIANS 6:14-16 – 14 Do NOT be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what FELLOWSHIP has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?15 And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever? 16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said: “I will dwell in them and walk among them. I will be their God, and they shall be My people.”
EPHESIANS 5:11-14 – 11 And have NO FELLOWSHIP with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret. 13 But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light….
JUDGMENT IN THE HOUSE OF GOD
- I PETER 4:17 – …the time has come for JUDGMENT to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?
- PSALM 19:7-11 (Cont) 9 The FEAR OF THE LORD is clean, enduring forever; The JUDGMENTS of the Lord are true and righteous altogether. 11 Moreover by them Your servant is warned, And in keeping them there is GREAT REWARD!
- REVELATION 15:1-4 (Cont) – Who shall not FEAR YOU, O Lord, and glorify Your name?
For You alone are holy. For all nations shall come and worship before You, For YOUR JUDGMENTS have been manifested.”
- PSALM 1:4-6 – (vs 1-3 –blessings upon the godly)… The ungodly are not so, but are like the chaff which the wind drives away. 5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the JUDGMENT, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. 6 For the Lord knows the way of the righteous, But the way of the ungodly shall perish.
- 2 PETER 3:16-19 – … beware lest you also fall from your own steadfastness, being led away with the error of the wicked; 18 but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
- 2 CORINTHIANS 5:10 – For we must all appear before the JUDGMENT seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.
- HEBREWS 9:27 – …it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the JUDGMENT (after this comes certain JUDGMENT – AMP)
- JUDE 22-23 – …on some have compassion, making a distinction; 23 but others SAVE WITH FEAR, pulling them out of the fire, hating even the garment defiled by the flesh.
- ROMANS 1:18-25 – 18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,
- 2 PETER 2:20-22 – …if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning. 21 For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. 22 But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: “A dog returns to his own vomit,” and, “a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire.”
- HEBREWS 10:26-31 – if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain FEARFUL expectation of JUDGMENT, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. 28 Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know Him who said, “VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY,” says the Lord. And again, “The Lord will JUDGE His people.” 31 It is a FEARFUL THING to fall into the hands of the living God.
- PHILIPPIANS 2:1-4 – Therefore if there is any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any FELLOWSHIP of the Spirit, if any affection and mercy, 2 fulfill my JOY by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. 3 Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. 4 Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.
- MATTHEW 5:22-24 – I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the JUDGMENT. And whoever says to his brother, ‘Raca!’ shall be in danger of the council.
- “Raca” is a term expressing contempt and scorn for someone
- MATTHEW 5:22-24 (Cont) – But whoever says, ‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of hell fire. 23 Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, 24 leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.
- MATTHEW 18:15 – “Moreover if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother…
- MATTHEW 18:34-35 – …his master was angry, and delivered him to the torturers until he should pay all that was due to him. 35 “So My heavenly Father also will do to you if each of you, from his heart, does not FORGIVE his brother his trespasses.”
BUILD BRIDGES OF COMMUNICATION
(instead of walls)
- “LONG WALK PART OF GIFT!”