You don’t have to live in any kind of captivity. Jesus is our deliverer!
Story of Elisha and his Servant
- 2 Kings 6:17-18
- One of the 7 redemptive names of God… Jehovah-Rapha
- “I am the Lord that heals you or
- “I am the Lord your physician”
- MALACHI 4:2 – But to you who FEAR MY NAME The Sun of Righteousness shall arise With healing in His wings…
JESUS PAID FOR OUR HEALING!
- ISAIAH 53:5 – But he was pierced for our rebellion, crushed for our sins. He was beaten so we could be whole. He was whipped so we could be healed.
HE TOOK OUR INFIRMITIES AND BORE OUR SICKNESSES!!!
- EXODUS 23:25 – “So you shall serve the Lord your God, and He will bless your bread and your water. And I will take sickness away from the midst of you.
HEALING WAS PART OF JESUS’ MINISTRY
- MATTHEW 4:23; 9:35 – Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease among the people… Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.
- ACTS 10:38 – God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.
THE WORD OF GOD BRINGS HEALING!
- PSALM 107:20 – He sent His Word and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions…
- HOW DOES THE WORD OF GOD BRING HEALING?
- Speak the word over the sickness until it disappears –– no matter how long it will take, keep declaring in faith that you are healed.
- PROVERBS 4:20-22 – 20 My child, pay attention to what I say. Listen carefully to my words. 21 Don’t lose sight of them. Let them penetrate deep into your heart, 22 for they bring life to those who find them, and healing to their whole body.
- EXODUS 15:25-26 – “If you diligently heed the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians. For I am the Lord who heals you.”
- THE WORD OF GOD IS POWERFUL AND EFFECTIVE
- MATTHEW 8:5-10 – 5 When Jesus returned to Capernaum, a Roman officer came and pleaded with him, 6 “Lord, my young servant lies in bed, paralyzed and in terrible pain.” 7 Jesus said, “I will come and HEAL him.” 8 But the officer said, “Lord, I am not worthy to have you come into my home. Just say the word from where you are, and my servant will be healed. 9 I know this because I am under the authority of my superior officers, and I have authority over my soldiers. I only need to say, ‘Go,’ and they go, or ‘Come,’ and they come. And if I say to my slaves, ‘Do this,’ they do it.” 10 When Jesus heard this, he was amazed. Turning to those who were following him, he said, “I tell you the truth, I haven’t seen faith like this in all Israel!
HEALING IS NOT JUST FOR INDIVIDUALS BUT FOR NATIONS
- PSALMS 67:2 – That thy way may be known upon earth, thy saving health among all nations.
GOD WANTS US TO BE HEALTHY:
- Isaiah 58:8; Jeremiah 30:17; 33:6; 3 John 3; Acts 10:38; Hebrews 10:7; Matthew 12:15; Luke 6:19; Matthew 14:36; Luke 4:40; John 6:38; Romans 8:11; 2 Peter 3:9
JEREMIAH 5:14 – Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.
I PETER 2:24 – who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed.
Since Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever, (Hebrews 13:8) He is able to heal every sickness and disease today! The same Lord Jesus that provided for our forgiveness and cleansing from sin, also provided for our healing and deliverance!
HEALING COMES FROM GOD
- (2 Chronicles 7:14; Jeremiah 30:2,17; Hosea 6:1)
- Healing flows in God’s house – (Ezekiel 47:9; Psalm 67:2)
- Healing is for all and should be preached to all (Acts 8:6-8; Acts 3; Acts 14:6-8; Matthew 8:16,17; Matthew 12:15; Matthew 9:35; 4:23; 19:2; 21:14; Mark 6:13; Luke 4:40; 5;15; 6:9; 9:11; Acts 3:1-11; 5:15; 2:8-9; 8:7)
God answers prayer for healing!
- Psalm 30:2; James 5:16; Jeremiah 17:14; Acts 4:30; example – Hezekiah Isaiah 38; 2 Chronicles 30:20
God does not and cannot lie
- Psalm 89:34; Jeremiah 1:12; Numbers 23:19; I Kings 8:56; Psalm 119:89; John 14:6
Jesus commissioned his disciples to heal
- Matthew 10:7,8; Luke 19:8,9; Luke 9:6; James 5:14-16; Mark 16:18
Healing is part of Jesus’ ministry today
- Hebrews 13:8; Luke 4:16; Luke 5:17; Acts 10:38; Romans 8:11
Healing comes through the name of Jesus
- Acts 3,4… 4:12; John 16:23; Mark 16:17,18; Philippians 2:9-11
Jesus referred to himself as a physician
- Mark 2:16-17; Luke 4:23
Healing testimonies of Jesus’ healing
- Matthew 4:24; 8:7,8,23; 8:16,17; Matthew 12:15; 14:14; 12:22; 15:30; 19:2; 21;14; Mark 1:34; 3:10; 5:23-29; Luke 4:40; 5:15; 6:18-19; Luke 7:7-9; 8:43-50; 9:11; 9:442; 17:15; John 5:13-15; Luke 5:17; Matthew 9:35; Acts 10:38
Healing testimonies with Jesus’ disciples
- Acts 3:6-11; Acts 5:16; 8:7; 14:9-10; Matthew 10:1, 8; Mark 3:15; Luke 9:2; 10:9; 9:6
Healing and deliverance testimonies with Paul
- Acts 28:8-9; Acts 20:9-12; 16:18
All things are possible through Jesus
- Mark 9:23; 11:23,24
PROTECTION AND DELIVERANCE
- PSALM 34:7, 9 – The angel of the Lord encamps all around those who fear Him, And delivers them. Oh, fear the Lord, you His saints! There is no want to those who fear Him
- PSALM 62:2, 6-7 – He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be greatly moved. He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be moved. In God is my salvation and my glory; The rock of my strength, And my refuge, is in God.
- PSALM 91:1-4, 9-11 – He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust.” Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler And from the perilous pestilence. … He shall cover you with His feathers, And under His wings you shall take refuge; Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge, Even the Most High, your dwelling place, No evil shall befall you, Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling 11 For He shall give His angels charge over you, To keep you in all your ways.
- PSALM 23:4 – Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
- ROMANS 8:31-31 – If God is for us, who can be against us?
- JOHN 4:4 – Greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world
- PSALM 27: 1-3; 5 – The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? 2 When the wicked came against me to eat up my flesh, My enemies and foes, They stumbled and fell. 3 Though an army may encamp against me, My heart shall not fear; though war may rise against me, in this I will be confident…. For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion; In the secret place of His tabernacle He shall hide me; He shall set me high upon a rock.
- PSALM 33:18-19 – Behold, the eye of the Lord is on those who FEAR Him, On those who hope in His mercy, 19 To DELIVER their soul from death, And to keep them alive in famine
- PSALM 34:19 – Many are the afflictions of the righteous, But the Lord DELIVERS him out of them all.
- PSALM 91:15-16 – He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him. 6 With long life I will satisfy him, And show him My salvation.”
Jesus Christ is referred to as the Deliverer
- ROMANS 11:26 – … there shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob.
God is called the Deliverer
- PSALM 144:2 – My lovingkindness and my fortress, my high tower and my deliverer, my shield and the One in whom I take refuge, Who subdues my people under me.
- PSALM 70:5 – But I am poor and needy; make haste to me, O God! You are my help and my deliverer; O Lord, do not delay.
- 2 SAMUEL 22:2 – And he said: “The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
- PSALM 18:2,50 – The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. …Great deliverance He gives to His king, And shows mercy to His anointed,
- PSALM 40:17 – … You are my help and my deliverer; do not delay, O my God.
- PSALM 32:7 – You are my hiding place; You shall preserve me from trouble; You shall surround me with songs of DELIVERANCE. Selah
- ROMANS 8:2 – the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus makes us free…
- JOHN 8:32,36 – the truth sets free!
- There is a very real battle going on for the sons of men. Jesus came to set the captives free.
- EPHESIANS 6:12 – For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
What are some examples of God’s deliverance in the Bible?
- Lot was delivered from destruction (Genesis 19:15)
- David was delivered from a lion, a bear, and many times from his enemies (I Samuel 17:37)
- The 3 Hebrew men were delivered from the furnace (Daniel 3:27)
- Daniel was delivered from the lions (Daniel 6:22,27)
- The apostles were delivered from jail (Acts 5:18)
- Peter was delivered from the prison cell (Acts 12:7)
- Paul and Silas were delivered from prison (Acts 16:26)
- The demon-possessed boy was delivered. Jesus rebuked the demon, and it came out of the boy, and he was healed from that moment (Matthew 17:14-18)
- The demon-possessed man was healed. (Luke 4:33-35)
I CORINTHIANS 10:13 – … God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.
2 TIMOTHY 4:18 – And the Lord will DELIVER me from every evil work and preserve me for His heavenly kingdom.
2 CORINTHIANS 1:10 – who delivered us from so great a death, and does deliver us; in whom we trust that He will still deliver us,
2 CORINTHIANS 3:17 – where the Spirit of the Lord is there is liberty!
Satan is real – demons are real – curses are real – but the good news is that Jesus has obtained deliverance for us!
When we love God, we can expect to have the blessings of His protection and deliverance! You don’t have to live in mental or emotional oppression. You don’t have to live depressed. You don’t have to live tormented, confused, or under a curse! You don’t need to live in bondage to vices. You don’t have to live in any kind of captivity. Jesus is our DELIVERER!