There are many benefits of being part of a local church!
- Importance of the church; knowing its value and understanding its role and purposes are a big deal.
II. Key text
- Matthew 16:19-20 – 19 And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.” 20 Then He commanded His disciples that they should tell no one that He was Jesus the Christ.
- Knowledge is important – Hosea 4:6
III. Jesus loves the CHURCH
- Jesus loves you!
- Ephesians 5:22-27
- Jeremiah 31:3 – The Lord has appeared of old to me, saying: “Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you.
- John 15:13 – Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.
- More Scriptures about the LOVE OF GOD – (Ephesians 2:4-5; 3:18-19; 5:2; Romans 5:8; I John 4:19; 3:1)
IV. Definition of the CHURCH
- The CHURCH is His family. Ephesians 3:14-16
- God’s HOUSEHOLD (Ephesians 2:19; Galatians 6:10; Hebrews 3:6; I Peter 2:5,9-10)
V. “I WILL”
- It is happening! It is what Jesus is doing!
- We are workers together with Him! Let’s get the job done!
- The WILL OF GOD, Matthew 6:10; 18:19 –
- His Word is His will. It will be accomplished, Jeremiah 1:12; Hebrews 6:18; Isaiah 55:11 –
- It must be the Lord’s work, Psalm 127:1 –
- Edification – (Ephesians 4:29, 12,16; I Corinthians 14:26)
- How is Jesus building His church?
- As His people bring Him glory!
- As His people pray!
- When we do spiritual warfare!
- As we praise!
- As we witness and share the gospel!
- As we live holy lives!
- As we work together in Unity!
- As we serve one another in love!
- In righteousness!
- In truth!
- In faith!
- By His Word!
- By being filled with the Spirit, and led by the Spirit!
- Building in the same way as the Biblical pattern of the early church – (Hebrews 13:8)
VII. “THE GATES OF HELL WILL NOT PREVAIL!”
- People in bondage set free – Rescued from hell!
- “Gates” – Barriers from people getting in, or getting out
- Google def – “an opening in a wall or fence. 2: a city or castle entrance often with defensive structures (such as towers) 3a: the frame or door that closes a gate. b: a movable barrier (as at a grade crossing) 4a: a means of entrance or exit.”
- A militant rescue operation!
- Witnessing – sharing the message
- Called out of darkness into light
- “Go and tell” – story of the demoniac delivered (Mark 5:19)
- Sharing the gospel – Romans 10:14-15
- The gospel preached to the poor– Luke 4:18
- Acts 1:8 – But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
- The VICTORIOUS CHURCH! I Corinthians 15:57; I John 5:4-5
- A WILLING CHURCH! Exodus 25:2; 35:21; 36:5; Psalm 110:3; Isaiah 1:19
- The Tabernacle of Moses was built with those whose hearts were WILLING!
- The people brought WILLING sacrifices and offerings.
- There was more than enough…
VIII. The TEMPLE OF SOLOMON
- With beauty and excellence
- With worshipers
IX. GOD’S INSTRUMENT
- The CHURCH is God’s instrument to extend His kingdom on earth. The CHURCH is the New Testament ’House of the Lord’.
- A rock-solid foundation
- Local churches – The type of church Jesus is building is a VICTORIOUS CHURCH that overcomes the kingdom of darkness.
- SPIRITUAL BUILDING BLOCKS – 2 Peter 1:2-11
X. BENEFITS OF LOCAL CHURCH
- There are many benefits of being part of a local church!
- Some of them include: 1) friendship; 2) fellowship; 3) worship; 4) discipleship; 5) spiritual leadership and nurture; 6) growth; 7) fruitfulness; etc.