The type of church Jesus is building is a glorious, joyful, and triumphant church!
- Importance of the church; knowing what kind of a church, it’s value and understanding its role and purposes are a big deal.
- The message we celebrate together is one of great JOY. Our CHURCH life together is to be filled with JOYFUL PRAISE!
II. The BLESSINGS OF JOY!
- Psalm 89:15 –Blessed are the people who know the joyful sound! They walk, O Lord, in the light of Your countenance.
III. The GOSPEL is a message of GREAT JOY!
- Luke 2:10 – Then the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people.
- The angels rejoiced! The Shepherds rejoiced! Joseph and Mary rejoiced! Others rejoiced! We can rejoice! It’s a message of GREAT JOY TO ALL PEOPLE!
IV. The MESSAGE OF SALVATION
- Review basics of salvation – (Encourage anyone who is not saved yet to accept Jesus today… 2 Corinthians 6:2 – NOW is the day of salvation)
- Jesus is our source of joy! It is the fruit of His Spirit within us – (Galatians 5:22-23)Acts 2:28 – You have made known to me the ways of life; You will make me full of joy in Your presence.’Salvation brings joyThe TRIUMPHAL ENTRY (Remembrance today on “Palm Sunday”) – Zechariah 9:9 (it was prophesied) Matthew 21:4-11; Luke 19:39-40GREAT JOY – Waving palm branches; Crying out and shouting praises to Jesus; “Hosanna, blessed is He that comes in the name of the Lord! “It impacted the city and brought glory to Jesus!
V. Bringing back the ARK OF THE COVENANT to Jerusalem – 2 Samuel 6:12-15;
- 2 Chronicles 15:16-18
VI. DELIVERANCE FROM EGYPT WITH JOY
- Psalm 105:43 – He brought out His people with joy, His chosen ones with gladness.
- Exodus 15:20-21 – 20 Then Miriam the prophetess, the sister of Aaron, took the timbrel in her hand; and all the women went out after her with timbrels and with dances. 21 And Miriam answered them: “Sing to the Lord, for He has triumphed gloriously! The horse and its rider He has thrown into the sea!”
VII. REJOICING AFTER JESUS RESURRECTION
- Matthew 28:8 – So they went out quickly from the tomb with fear and great joy, and ran to bring His disciples word.
- John 16:22 – Therefore you now have sorrow; but I will see you again and your heart will rejoice, and your joy no one will take from you.
- Rejoicing now and forever –
VIII. THE LORD IS THE JOY OF THE WHOLE EARTH
- Psalm 48:1-2 – 1 Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised in the city of our God, in His holy mountain. 2 Beautiful in elevation, the joy of the whole earth, is Mount Zion on the sides of the north, the city of the great King.
IX. REJOICE EVEN IN THE MIDST OF DIFFICULTIES
- …when it hurts, when our faith is tried, and when we are distressed, when things aren’t going as expected or anticipated…
- Habakkuk 3:17-19 – …Yet I will REJOICE – God is my strength and salvation.
X. The Kingdom of heaven brings GREAT JOY
- Matthew 13:44 – “Again, the kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and hid; and for joy over it he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field.
XI. IF WE DON’T SERVE WITH JOYFULNESS AND THANKFULNESS, WE AREN’T BLESSED – Deuteronomy 28:47-48
XII. Other Scriptural revelations of THINGS THAT BRING JOY:
- God’s Word – Psalm 119:162; Jeremiah 15:11,16; I John 1:4
- Answers to prayer – John 16:24
- It’s one of the fruits of the Spirit – Galatians 5:22-23
- Faith and Hope Bring JOY – I Peter 1:8; Romans 5:2; Philippians 2:16; Titus 2:13; Romans 15:13
- Jesus’ 2nd Coming will be a time of GREAT JOY – I Peter 4:13
- Satisfaction produces JOY – Psalm 63:5
- God’s mercy and comfort brings joy
- Revival – Psalm 85:6
- Spiritual harvest and abiding fruit – John 4:36; Philippians 2:16
- Eternal Hope – Romans 5:2
XIII. Instructions about JOY and God’s people REJOICING
- Make a joyful noise
- Shout joyfully – Psalm 95:1; 98:4
- Enter the house of the Lord with gladness – Psalm 122:1
XIV. GOD’S INSTRUMENT
- The CHURCH is God’s instrument to extend His kingdom on earth. The CHURCH is the New Testament ’House of the Lord’.
- Romans 14:17 – The kingdom of God is… JOY
- It is to be a rock-solid foundation, founded on the principles of God’s Word
- Local churches – The type of church Jesus is building is a GLORIOUS AND JOYFUL, TRIUMPHANT CHURCH that overcomes the kingdom of darkness.
XV. LET’S BE STRONG IN THE LORD
- The JOY OF THE LORD is our strength
- Nehemiah 8:10 –Then he said to them, “Go your way, eat the fat, drink the sweet, and send portions to those for whom nothing is prepared; for this day is holy to our Lord. Do not sorrow, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.”