We are His witnesses!
I. Jesus our Witnessing Example
- Revelation 1:5; 3:14 – 1:5 and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood, 3:14 “And to the angel of the church [b]of the Laodiceans write, ‘These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God:
- 1 Peter 2:21 – For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving [b]us an example, that you should follow His steps:
II. A Faithful witness is true
- Proverbs 14:5 – A faithful witness does not lie, but a false witness will utter lies.
III. Am I a faithful witness?
- Matthew 5:16 – Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.
- Acts 1:8; 4:33 – 1:8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” 4:33 And with great power the apostles gave witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And great grace was upon them all.
- Mark 16:16 – He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.
- Romans 10:14-15 – 14 How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace, Who bring glad tidings of good things!”
IV. We are His witnesses
- Psalm 107:2 – Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom He has redeemed from the hand of the enemy,
- Isaiah 43:10-12; 44:8 – 43:10-12 “You are My witnesses,” says the Lord, “And My servant whom I have chosen, that you may know and believe Me, and understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, nor shall there be after Me. 11 I, even I, am the Lord, and besides Me there is no savior. 12 I have declared and saved, I have proclaimed, and there was no foreign god among you; Therefore you are My witnesses,” Says the Lord, “that I am God. 44:8 Do not fear, nor be afraid; Have I not told you from that time, and declared it? You are My witnesses. Is there a God besides Me? Indeed there is no other Rock; I know not one.’ ”
- Acts 26:16 – But rise and stand on your feet; for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to make you a minister and a witness both of the things which you have seen and of the things which I will yet reveal to you.
- I John 1:1-4 – 1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, concerning the Word of life— 2 the life was manifested, and we have seen, and bear witness, and declare to you that eternal life which was with the Father and was manifested to us— 3 that which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ. 4 And these things we write to you that your joy may be full.
V. What about you?
- Are you willing to share the gospel?
- How? – with Simplicity; Sincerity and truth; and a willingness to sacrifice
VI. There is nothing to be ashamed about
- Romans 1:16 – For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
- Let’s be bold, unashamed witnesses for Jesus! That’s Jesus’ purpose for His church!