“I am the righteousness of God in Christ!”
Series: “Righteousness Exalts a Nation, But Sin is a Reproach To Any People!” – Proverbs 14:34
I. I AM THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD… (A Message in Song)
- Scripture Song: (by David Ingles)
- I am the RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD in Christ,
- A brand new creation in Him –
- I can now approach the presence of God,
- With no condemnation of sin!
- I am the RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD in Christ,
- I am now complete in Him,
- I’m a partaker of His divine nature,
- On me He will not impute sin!
- 2 Corinthians 5:21,17 – 21) …He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, THAT WE MIGHT BECOME THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD in Him… 17) Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a NEW creation; old things have passed away; behold, ALL THINGS HAVE BECOME NEW.
II. WHAT IS RIGHTEOUSNESS?
- “Living right and doing right”; “His (God’s) way of living”; “Uprightness- a good and upright lifestyle”; “His way of doing and being right—the attitude and character of God”;“Doing what God wants you to do – what He requires of you”
- Galatians 6:9 – And let us not get tired of doing what is RIGHT, for after a while we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t get discouraged and give up.
III. JEHOVAH- TSIDKENU –- “The Lord is RIGHTEOUS”
- “The Lord our RIGHTEOUSNESS!” – (Not just “The Lord is RIGHTEOUS” but “He is OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS!”
- Jeremiah 23:6 – In His days Judah will be saved, And Israel will dwell safely; Now this is His name by which He will be called: “THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS”.
- Jeremiah 33:16 – In those days Judah will be saved, And Jerusalem will dwell safely. And this is the name by which she will be called “THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS”.
- Isaiah 54:17 – No weapon that is formed against you shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and THEIR RIGHTEOUSNESS IS OF ME, SAYS THE LORD.
IV. I AM WHO GOD SAYS I AM!
- NOT – “I MIGHT BE” or “HOPEFULLY, but I’M NOT SURE… or MAYBE” –-
- Without any doubt about it… I AM RIGHTEOUS THROUGH JESUS!
- Declaring what God says about us is powerful and life-giving!
- I AM ABUNDANTLY BLESSED!
- John 10:10 –(Experiencing the abundant life)
V. “I AM” Revealed (THE GREAT “I AM”)
- Exodus 3:13-15 – (Moses asked the Lord)…when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers has sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is His name? What shall I say unto them? 14) And God said unto Moses, “I AM THAT I AM… thus shall you say unto the children of Israel, I AM has sent me unto you. 15)… this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.”
- The “I AM” Revelations of God…
- John 6:35 – “I AM the bread of life”
- Revelation 1:8 – “I AM Alpha and Omega the Beginning and the End…
- Revelation 1:18 – “I AM He that lives… I AM alive forevermore”
- John 4:25,26 – “I AM the Messiah”
- John 14:6 – “I AM the way, truth and the life…”
- John 8:58 – “Before Abraham was, I AM …
- John 9:5 – “I AM the light of the world.”
- John 10:7-9 – “I AM the door…”
- John 10:11,14 – “I AM the Good Shepherd…”
- John 10:36 – John 11:25 –“I AM the resurrection and the life.
- John 13:13 – “I AM Lord”
- John 15:1 – “I AM the true vine”
VI. I AM THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD (Cont)
- When we declare – “I AM THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD, IN CHRIST!” we are declaring a revelation of the RIGHTEOUSNESS OF JESUS within us!
- RIGHTEOUSNESS is a major revelation of who God is, in Scripture – RIGHTEOUSNESS is HIS DIVINE NATURE!
VII. A Brand New CREATION in Him!
- 2 Corinthians 5:17 – Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a NEW CREATION; old things have passed away; behold, ALL THINGS HAVE BECOME NEW.
- Genesis 1:27 – So GOD CREATED MAN in His own image; in the image of God He CREATED him…
- Romans 8:28-29 – … to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. 29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son…
- Isaiah 45:8 – …let the skies pour down RIGHTEOUSNESS; Let the earth open, let them bring forth salvation, And let RIGHTEOUSNESS spring up together. I, the Lord, have CREATED it.
- Ephesians 2:10 –For we are His workmanship, CREATED in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
- Ephesians 4:24 –…put on the new man which was CREATED according to God, in TRUE RIGHTEOUSNESS and holiness.
- Colossians 3:10 –…put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who CREATED him…
- Revelation 4:11 –You are worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power: for you have CREATED all things, and for your pleasure they are and were CREATED.
- Isaiah 43:7 – Everyone who is called by My name, whom I have CREATED for My glory; I have formed him, yes, I have made him.”
- Psalm 100:3 –Know that the Lord, He is God; IT IS HE WHO HAS MADE US, and not we ourselves; We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.
- Psalm 102:18 –This shall be written for the generation to come: and the people which shall be CREATED shall praise the Lord.
- Galatians 6:14-16 –But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. 15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but A NEW CREATION. 16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace and mercy be upon them…
- I Peter 4:19 – …let those who suffer according to the will of God commit their souls to Him in doing good, as to a faithful CREATOR.
VIII. A ‘NEW’ Creation
- A NEW CREATION – 2 Corinthians 5:17; “I MAKE ALL THINGS NEW” – Revelation 22:5; NEW THINGS – Isaiah 43:19, 42:9; NEW MAN – NEW LIFE; NEW HOPE
- RESTORE – RENEW – REFRESH
- NEW AND LIVING WAY – Hebrews 10:19-20
- NEW SONGS – Psalm 40:2-3
- Jesus renews, refreshes, and brings rest – Matthew 11:29-31
IX. IN HIM (IN Christ)
- Colossians 1:27 – …God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is CHRIST IN YOU, the hope of glory.
- Acts 17:28 – …for IN HIM we live and move and have our being…
- Romans 3:21-22 – …now the RIGHTEOUSNESS of God… is revealed, 22 even the RIGHTEOUSNESS of God, through faith IN Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe.
- AMP. – This righteousness of God comes through faith in Jesus Christ for all those [Jew or Gentile] who believe [and trust in Him and acknowledge Him as God’s Son].
X. I CAN NOW APPROACH GOD’S PRESENCE
- Hebrews 4:16 – Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
- Hebrews 10:19-20 – …having boldnessto enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus, 20 BY A NEW AND LIVING WAY…
XI. Psalm 91
- Psalm 91:1 – He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
- Psalm 91:3-4 – 4 He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge…
- Psalm 91:14-16 – “Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him on high, because HE HAS KNOWN MY NAME
XII. HIS PRESENCE
- Jude 1:24 – Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, And to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy…
- Psalm 16:11 – You will show me the path of life; IN YOUR PRESENCE is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
XIII. NO CONDEMNATION
- Romans 8:1-4 – There is therefore now NO CONDEMNATION to those who are in Christ Jesus, who[do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
- John 8:11 – “Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more.” (Jesus)
- Romans 5:18 – Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life.
XIV. COMPLETE IN HIM
- Colossians 2:9-10 – For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; 10and YOU ARE COMPLETE IN HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.
XV. PARTAKER OF HIS DIVINE NATURE
- 2 Peter 1:4 – …by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be PARTAKERS OF THE (His) DIVINE NATURE, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
- Romans 4:3 – “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for RIGHTEOUSNESS.”
- AMP. – it was credited to his account as righteousness (right living, right standing with God).”
XVI. ON ME HE WILL NOT IMPUTE SIN
- Romans 4:5-11 – to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for RIGHTEOUSNESs, 6 just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes RIGHTEOUSNESS apart from works:“Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven, And whose sins are covered; 8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord shall NOT IMPUTE SIN.” For we say that faith was accounted to Abraham for RIGHTEOUSNESS… that he might be the father of all those who believe, though they are uncircumcised, that RIGHTEOUSNESS might be imputed to them also…